Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you and your peers will love.
As an engineer on the Edge team, you’ll be at the heart of the company’s engineering efforts building solutions to bridge the customer’s desires with the services DigitalOcean provides. You’ll help define the software architecture of several key systems and implement the solutions to provide robust, operationally sustainable services which will be used by engineering teams throughout the company. This is a highly visible role that interacts on a regular basis with other engineering teams throughout the company giving you an unparalleled view of all the new developments at DigitalOcean.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will be designing and building solutions that enable DigitalOcean to accelerate the delivery of new products and services to our community.
- Building the necessary tools, services, and frameworks in order to help ensure DigitalOcean’s security and availability.
- Providing documentation and informal training to internal teams to accelerate adoption and advocate for best-practices.
- Developing solutions that improve the availability and performance for the administration of the DigitalOcean product offerings.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Java, C/C++, or Ruby.
- You’re comfortable with distributed solutions and enjoy the challenges of working at scale.
- Working knowledge of the challenges of a service-oriented architecture, including issues such as scaling, latency, testing, and monitoring.
- Experience with API creation and management including versioning, security, A/B testing, and mobile-specific challenges.
- Professional attitude that understands software engineering is more than just hacking out code, but also entails proper testing, documentation, and collaboration.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top