Engineer: Developer Productivity
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you and your peers will love.
As an Engineer in our Developer Productivity team, you’ll be at the heart of the engineering pipeline building software that empowers engineering teams to develop rapidly and deploy reliable and scalable products/services. You’ll have ownership of the architecture, design, and implementation of our tools and infrastructure at DO that improve developer efficiency. You’ll get the opportunity to work across a broad range of technologies while solving unique challenges.
What You'll Be Doing:
- DigitalOcean is loved by our developer and operations community. You’ll be their voice inside the company and work towards continually improving their experience
- Build large scale testing tools, frameworks, and infrastructure to enable teams to make sure their work of art is battle tested
- Innovate and continually improve our engineering pipeline with advanced CI/CD implementations.
- Optimize how we test our products whether it’s open sourced, commercial or internal infrastructure
- Research emerging test tools, trends, and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience in building internal developer/test tools, frameworks, and infrastructure
- DO is built by developers for developers. You’ve got a penchant for testing, an obsession with engineering velocity, and are a developer at your core
- You’re experienced in working full stack, whether it’s building or debugging one.
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, C/C++, Java
- You eat data for breakfast. We love driving decisions with metrics and you should too.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top