Engineer: Application Security
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
As a Software Engineer on the Application Security team, you will work with internal and customer facing teams to build secure by default services and applications. You will create and maintain services and libraries to perform security sensitive operations, integrate security testing into our continuous delivery pipelines, and remediate vulnerabilities when they are found. Our customers trust us with their data and operations, and we take that responsibility seriously.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and maintain integrations to provide secure configuration management
- Develop and integrate static analysis tooling into our CI/CD pipelines
- Use languages such as Go and Ruby, and tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Chef
- Partner with engineering teams to make sure that we deliver an excellent and secure workflow spanning development, deployment, and production monitoring
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement secure architectures
- Respond to vulnerability reports by designing and implementing tools/libraries/services to ensure remediation and non-recurrence of issues
What We'll Expect From You:
- Some software engineering experience (you can write robust code with good test coverage and can point to specific examples of projects you’ve delivered in the past)
- Interest in security and a desire to build secure by default services and applications
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Ruby, Python, C/C++, Java
- Production experience with a configuration management tool such as Chef, Ansible, and build pipelines implemented using Concourse, GoCD, or Jenkins
- A working knowledge of cluster management tools like Kubernetes or Mesos
- A working knowledge of XSS, CSRF, SQLi vulnerabilities and TLS/PKI
- You are passionate about shipping well engineered, tested, and observable code
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top