Director, User Experience
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, profitable, high-growth technology company that has built a global infrastructure platform to serve a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to create a portfolio of cloud products and services that teams of developers love. Our product design has been recognized worldwide for its simplicity and superior user experience.
Reporting to the CTO, the Director, User Experience will lead a team of Product Designers, Researchers and UX experts to create simple, compelling, and elegant user experiences across the DigitalOcean platform. You are a practitioner, mentor, writer, speaker, and a leader for a team of individuals just as passionate about creating an environment where they can have a real impact both within the company and in the developer community.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee Product Design work and maintaining consistent high standards for both visual and user experience design across the product portfolio, including the company website and community platform.
- Drive best practices in both Agile and traditional Product Design/UX Methodology as appropriate for all products in the portfolio.
- Implement a rigorous user research program in collaboration with stakeholders in Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, Sales, Support, Marketing and Community.
- Hire, develop, mentor, and provide performance feedback to your team.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Design Leadership: relentless focus on standards, consistency, and superior experience design
- Customer Focus: experience driving best-practices around development and documentation of personas, customer workflows, and user journeys to guide decision-making
- Management: a track record of leading high-performing design organizations, developing talent, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Technical Knowledge: the ability to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a developer-centric customer base
- Verbal and Written Communication: the ability to lead productive meetings, create effective and useful product design documents, and maintain alignment across a complex product portfolio
- Significant experience in User Experience, including experience with team leadership
- Hands on experience designing B2B, SaaS, Open Source and/or workflow-management products not required, but a plus
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica is responsible for running the DigitalOcean office. She oversees recruiting and onboarding and ensures that every employee feels fulfilled and supported throughout their time at DigitalOcean.
Back to top