Director, Talent and Organizational Development
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about building teams and developing people in innovative and thoughtful ways.
In this role you will be responsible for continuing to build a deliberately developmental mindset at DigitalOcean, and ensuring that all DO employees are receiving the support they need to perform at their full potential. We are creating a true culture of learning at DO, and need someone who is charged with coaching and facilitating teams and individuals to help them perform their best. This is a critical role to help us accelerate the performance of our employees. At DO we know that supporting career growth and development is a primary driver of engagement and retention, and absolutely integral to our company’s growth and scalability.
We are looking for someone who believes deeply in fostering a growth mindset, and combines a unique combination of individual coaching orientation with the ability to design and rollout complex learning & development initiatives. This leader will be responsible for the oversight, design, and delivery of our individual and team talent programs and should be incredibly passionate about the potential for innovative development programs to catalyze growth and performance.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Helping to drive one of the best L&D programs in the country and foster a truly developmentally based culture
- Providing thought leadership in organization design and change management processes as we scale and grow at a rapid pace
- Designing the curriculum for our employee, management, and leadership development programs and delivering content as needed
- Redefining career paths for a rapidly scaling organization and helping us think about new ways of defining career development
- Leading the DO talent management process
- Facilitating team building and strategy offsites
- Managing an exceptionally talented team of learning and coaching specialists
What We Expect From You:
- 8–10+ years working on or leading unique and innovative People Development programs
- Experience coaching individuals and facilitating teams
- Experience in designing and implementing workshops and materials that are engaging and effective in increasing comprehension, retention and application of new skills
- An understanding of technical and engineering teams and their unique culture
- A love of learning and continuous improvement
- A deep belief in a growth mindset and the transformative power of world-class development
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top