Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are are thoughtful about financial planning and are excited about helping a company grow strategically.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of FP&A will serve as the leader of financial planning and analysis which includes owning the budgeting and forecasting process, analysis of results vs. budget, planning, board presentation preparation and working closely with our leadership team to optimize long-term financial growth. You will provide operational and strategic level analysis for the CEO, CFO, COO and other executives. and play a significant on how we build our business to achieve outstanding results.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Preparing and coordinating the annual budget and quarterly forecasts working with all functional areas across the business
- Ensuring integrity and timeliness of all internal, executive, board and investor reporting
- Assisting in the development, tracking and reporting of operational and financial metrics
- Working closely with our executives to drive operational efficiency across the organization
- Preparing and tracking revenue forecasts
- Forecasting spend levels
- Leading discussions and develop analyses to support company initiatives and financial decisions
- Supporting initiatives related to securing and managing debt as required for the business
- Supporting initiatives related to securing equity investment sought by the company
- Leading a team of FP&A specialists and supporting their growth and development
What We Expect From You:
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning and analysis and operational budget management
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills, who is capable of building strong relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Previous experience with SaaS/subscription business models preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top