Director, Developer Relations
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building an engaging community of developers.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience working within the developer community who wants to build a team focused on driving business value through meaningful engagement with our community of developers and advocates. You will help to make it easy for developers to build on DigitalOcean, help our community give feedback to our product and documentation, and help to create educational programs for us. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about the open source developer community, has experience in growing a global team to run and manage online and offline engagements and events.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build a global team to focus on the the developer experience of the DigitalOcean community.
- Grow the DigitalOcean brand through developer focused programs
- Create the strategy for forming and growing a global developer advocate program
- Evangelize product and solutions to community
- Build and execute a plan for the growth of the team.
- Contribute to the DigitalOcean events and meetup strategy
- Work on cross functional initiatives with product and marketing teams
- Partner with the technical writing team to deliver engaging developer content for our blog, video, social media, and other outlets
- Create the tech stack and establish processes to support a fast growing community
- Work with our product marketing to support product launches and developer education
- Focus on developer experience and how developer relations can help get user feedback into the product and documentation
- Speak at industry and DigitalOcean led events
- Host webinars regularly.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Developer focus: You are obsessed with making developers happy. You were a full-time developer in a previous life but prefer to work with the developer community to improve experience and support through education.
- Presence: You give a great keynote and have videos to prove it. Leadership: You’ve led and built a team before.
- Technical Knowledge: Ability to engage with the developer community in a credible way.
- Verbal and Written Communication: Excellent spoken and written English.
- Management: Proven track record of recruiting, building and growing teams
- Involvement: Active involvement in meetup groups and online developer communities
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top