Director, Developer Relations
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
Reporting to the VP Product, the Director, Developer Relations will be responsible for managing and building the team that focuses on supporting the DigitalOcean community. You will help to make it easy for developers to build on DigitalOcean, help our community give feedback to our product and documentation, and help to create educational programs for us.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build a global team to focus on the the developer experience of the DigitalOcean community.
- Evangelize product and solutions to community.
- Build and execute a plan for the growth of the team.
- Define and execute a plan for community meetups.
Work with the content team to plan and help create engaging developer content for our blog, video, social media, and other outlets.
- Work with our content team to enhance our tutorials.
- Work with our product marketing lead to support our monthly release with developer education tools for the new features and products launching.
- Focus on developer experience and how developer relations can help get user feedback into the product and documentation.
- Speak at industry and DigitalOcean led events
- Host webinars regularly.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Developer focus: You are obsessed with making developers happy. You were a full-time developer in a previous life but prefer to work with the developer community to improve experience and support through education.
- Presence: You give a great keynote and have videos to prove it. Leadership: You’ve led and built a team before.
- Technical Knowledge: Ability to engage with the developer community in a credible way.
- Verbal and Written Communication: Excellent spoken and written English.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top