DigitalOcean (DO) is a fast-growing, simple cloud infrastructure provider headquartered in New York. In 2015, DO became the 2nd largest hosting company in the world. With $123MM in equity funding raised through marquee venture capital firms in the US, DO has customers from over 196 countries with 13 data centers across the globe, including one in Bangalore (India).
DO is on a mission to simplify the complexity of web infrastructure for developers, startups and next generation businesses. We want to enable them to come online and scale their applications easier than ever before via our simple control panel, intuitive API, and straightforward pricing.
As a Developer Evangelist, you will be responsible for securing platform adoption and revenue growth through evangelism, community engagement and product marketing.
This is a technical role with the mission of engaging with the broad community of developers and driving excitement around DO products You must be able to talk about technology intelligently and enthusiastically to all levels in an IT firm, from a CTO to an architect to a developer. Passion, curiosity, technical depth, and excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
This is a full-time position based out of Bangalore and will require travel within India.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver articulate, effective, and audience-appropriate presentations and demos with technically oriented content at various events to both small and large audiences
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop strategies, campaigns, messaging, and ideas to drive stronger growth each quarter
- Have a deep understanding of our features set, product roadmap, and market to accurately address a customer’s objectives
- Partner with and accompany sales representatives and account managers as a technical expert in customer meetings and discussions.
- Participate in technical and design discussions with technical executives, acting as strategic partners to speed adoption and ensure best practices during implementation
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with developer communities, partners and customers.
- Develop and deliver regular trainings and workshops to startups and customers.
- Partner with other teams to plan and organize relevant startup and developer events.
- Convey a compelling and convincing case for DO products vis-a-vis other products in the market
- Track, analyze, and report key qualitative feedback & quantitative metrics back to the organization
What We'll Expect From You:
- 5+ years of software engineering and DevOps experience with at least 3+ years of coding experience
- Technical background with the ability to engage software developers and architects is mandatory.
- Should keep track of the latest developments in the developer-related topics and technologies
- Strong network/relationships and ability to build strategic relationships
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to explain complicated concepts in clear and concise terms
- Should be a self-starter - Highly self motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Flexibility in regards to work schedule and travel
- Passion for technology and solid knowledge of enterprise IT requirements and cloud offerings available in the market
- Previous developer outreach and community experience is mandatory
- Previous experience in cloud based infrastructure solutions is a plus.
Working at DigitalOcean:
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Exciting perks & benefits such as:
- Medical & Life insurance
- Travel & internet reimbursement
- Education Support - All employees are provided with Kindles & reimbursement for conferences, training or education
- Custom Workstations - Mac/PC/Linux, at DO,we’ll provide you an equipment of your choice
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica is responsible for running the DigitalOcean office. She oversees recruiting and onboarding and ensures that every employee feels fulfilled and supported throughout their time at DigitalOcean.
Back to top