Data Center Tech
DigitalOcean provides the simplest experience to launch and manage your server infrastructure online. Our simplicity and ease of use is attracting an ever growing number of customers, growth in turn is attracting new issues and challenges.
We are looking to expand our Data Center team, which is responsible for all physical servers in this growing cloud.
As an addition to our existing team, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing all physical infrastructure of the Digital Ocean cloud, past, present and future. Everything from replacing a faulty drive here in one of the servers in Bangalore datacenter, to flying to Singapore, and other oversea locations to setup a brand new region from scratch. Majority of the overseas projects will have a definite beginning, when you arrive and its just an empty shell, to a definite completion when everything is set up and passed off to the next team in New York for configuration. There is a great sense of accomplishment once a region is completed! There is always something new to learn, be it networking, scripting, how to use linux, new hardware, new process but you can start not knowing anything and learn it all on job.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Racking, stacking and wiring servers / power distribution units / switches
- Troubleshooting broken hardware
- Shipping and receiving gear to/from remote locations and vendors
- Traveling domestically and internationally to perform these duties wherever Digital Ocean expands
- Learning new things in order to tackle new challenges as they come up
- Strong communication skills (capable of understanding instructions and giving succinct and precise answers)
- Relentless problem solving skills (get over, under, around or through roadblocks)
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple issues at once
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Experience with technology (basic computer hardware understanding is a must)
- Experience with Linux / Servers is advantageous
- Valid driver’s license (must be comfortable with driving)
- Ability to travel overseas ( 10-15%)
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs)
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top