Customer Support Manager
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you and your peers will love.
As a Customer Support Manager, you will have cross-functional management responsibility for our third shift team members within the support organization. The core of your role will involve be direct people management with a focus on their development. We take personal and career development seriously, and your role is hand’s on, providing mentorship, career development and helping every team member improve their skills to achieve their goals. Lastly, as a cross-functional manager, we’ll rely on you to spot internal operational opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of Support and aligning across multiple teams makes this a very dynamic role. You’ll help deliver strategic initiatives tied to organizational OKRs. One day you might implement processes to improve CSAT within a specific customer segment, and another provide training on new DigitalOcean products. The constant within your role is that we’ll rely on you to push towards improving the service that we deliver to our customers. We don’t have all the answers and we need your input and experience to uncover them everyday.
To excel in this role you need to be an exceptional leader who is dedicated to multiplying the impact of every team member. Your communication and organization must be superb! Traditionally, we have hired a team that is 95% remote, and strategically, we’re looking make additional hires in Banglore throughout 2017. You will help manage the recruitment, selection and retention of the team as we continue to grow.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Performs 1-on-1s focused on career and personal development
- Communicate and works directly with all Team Leaders at DigitalOcean to execute on cross-team strategic initiatives
- Evaluates and documents job performance into Bi-Annual Performance Evaluations for each direct report.
- Works with leadership to build and action quarterly OKRs for the Support Team as a whole.
- Communicates high level reporting weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly on all relevant Key Results to the Director of Customer Support
- Leads the interview and recruitment process for third shift Customer Support teams
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Experience working in a management-role within support and/or operations
- Exhibits and lives the servant leadership style and has prior experience as a manager.
- Create a climate in which people want to do their best; motivate and empower team members
- Commitment to learning and actively works to improve your own skills
- Communicates effectively (verbally and written) as a leader of a distributed team, across multiple timezones and shifts.
- Encourages and facilitates mentoring and knowledge sharing within the Support team
- Displays empathy to both internal and external customer requests
- Working knowledge of Linux and other open source technology
- Experience using and learning the technologies that our customers use
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions through experience with Excel, MySQL, and/or Looker
- Project Management Experience
- Experience performing incident management
- Source Code Management: Git
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation! We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We’re are very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica is responsible for running the DigitalOcean office. She oversees recruiting and onboarding and ensures that every employee feels fulfilled and supported throughout their time at DigitalOcean.
Back to top