Customer Success Manager
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about the technologies we use and solving technical problems.
Customer Success is an integral part of our company. As the voice of the customer, you have the opportunity to influence product decisions that will greatly improve the user experience. We're looking for candidates who have experience working with open-source and Linux environments.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will work with an assigned list of customers as their relationship manager, ensuring they are getting the resources they need to be successful
- You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of DigitalOcean within high growth organizations
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist Solutions Engineers and Customer Success Engineers in better supporting your customers
- Engage in consistent, proactive customer calls and meetings to positively impact customer loyalty, revenue growth, and successful use of our platform and products
- Onboard new businesses to set them up for success
- Proactively monitor and identify usage trends in order to uncover renewal risks, while supporting greater adoption rates
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within DigitalOcean (be their voice)
What We'll Expect From You:
- Strong background with infrastructure, Linux, and the public cloud ecosystem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for technology and customer advocacy
- Strong identity with our brand and team culture
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success, Sales, or Solutions Engineering type roles
- Startup experience
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- DevOps: CoreOS, Docker/Containers, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
From social media to content creation to hosting community events, Etel and her team focus on finding out what works best in DigitalOcean’s dev communities—and what new things they want in the future.
Back to top