Customer Success Engineer
DigitalOcean is a simple cloud hosting built for developers, by developers. We make it easy for users to launch and manage their web infrastructure, and we love doing it. As a Customer Success Engineer at DigitalOcean, you’re responsible for ensuring our top customers have the best experience possible. This is a challenging and rewarding role in which you’ll be supporting our biggest customers to troubleshoot issues, scale applications and grow both our customer’s and DigitalOcean’s business.
You will be part of Customer Success, an integral part of our company. You are a creative problem-solver who is eager to help our customers. You are passionate about the technologies we use, and have extensive experience working with open-source and Linux environments. As the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!
This is a 3rd shift position. Working hours are 12am-8am Eastern Standard Time.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Respond to technical and product questions generated by our customers through tickets, emails, or phone calls
- Troubleshoot Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Identify and communicate process improvements
- Incident management and escalations
- Help combat fraud and abuse on the platform
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer's experience
What We'll Expect From You:
- A positive attitude and ability to inspire others to better work
- Strong background with technology and Linux systems
- Passionate about technology and customer support
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success, Solutions Architecture type roles is a big plus
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team with the ability to balance the demands of multiple constituencies, defining priorities and setting appropriate expectations.
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code: Git
- Automation: Chef, Puppet
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant
- Startup experience
Back to top