Customer Success Engineer
DigitalOcean is a simple cloud hosting built for developers, by developers. We make it easy for users to launch and manage their web infrastructure, and we love doing it. As a Customer Success Engineer at DigitalOcean, you’re responsible for ensuring our top customers have the best experience possible. This is a challenging and rewarding role in which you’ll be supporting our biggest customers to troubleshoot issues, scale applications and grow both our customer’s and DigitalOcean’s business.
You will be part of Customer Success, an integral part of our company. You are a creative problem-solver who is eager to help our customers. You are passionate about the technologies we use, and have extensive experience working with open-source and Linux environments. As the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!
This is a 3rd shift position. Working hours are 12am-8am Eastern Standard Time.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Respond to technical and product questions generated by our customers through tickets, emails, or phone calls
- Troubleshoot Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Identify and communicate process improvements
- Incident management and escalations
- Help combat fraud and abuse on the platform
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer's experience
What We'll Expect From You:
- A positive attitude and ability to inspire others to better work
- Strong background with technology and Linux systems
- Passionate about technology and customer support
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success, Solutions Architecture type roles is a big plus
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team with the ability to balance the demands of multiple constituencies, defining priorities and setting appropriate expectations.
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code: Git
- Automation: Chef, Puppet
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant
- Startup experience
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top