Customer Success Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
DigitalOcean is a simple cloud hosting built for developers, by developers. We make it easy for users to launch and manage their web infrastructure, and we love doing it. As a Customer Success Engineer at DigitalOcean, you’re responsible for ensuring our top customers have the best experience possible. This is a challenging and rewarding role in which you’ll be supporting our biggest customers to troubleshoot issues, scale applications and grow both our customer’s and DigitalOcean’s business.
You will be part of Customer Success, an integral part of our company. You are a creative problem-solver who is eager to help our customers. You are passionate about the technologies we use, and have extensive experience working with open-source and Linux environments. As the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Respond to technical and product questions generated by our customers through tickets, emails, or phone calls
- Troubleshoot Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Identify and communicate process improvements
- Incident management and escalations
- Help combat fraud and abuse on the platform
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer's experience
What We'll Expect From You:
- A positive attitude and ability to inspire others to better work
- Strong background with technology and Linux systems
- Passionate about technology and customer support
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success, Solutions Architecture type roles is a big plus
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team with the ability to balance the demands of multiple constituencies, defining priorities and setting appropriate expectations.
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code: Git
- Automation: Chef, Puppet
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto and Bangalore, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!
Back to top