Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies., and we are funded by some of the best VC’s in the world, including Andreessen Horowitz and IA ventures
We want people who are excited helping about company scale financially and grow strategically.
We’re looking for a Corporate Controller to manage our financial operations and be a business and financial partner to the CFO and leadership team as DigitalOcean continues its hyper-growth. This role reports directly to the CFO, and will be responsible for both the day-to-day operations in Finance, as well as helping to plan the longer-term financial direction of the business.
What You Will Be Working On:
- General Accounting: Managing accounts payable, invoicing, accounts receivable and general ledger activities for DigitalOcean. Managing and implementing technical accounting and tax pronouncements while staying current and adopt all mandated technical accounting pronouncements
- Monthly Close: Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation, analysis and presentation of the company’s financial reports in accordance to US GAAP
- Audit and Tax Compliance: Managing the audit process including financial statement preparation and support, tax planning and filing of all returns and ensure compliance with all local, national and international tax laws
- Treasury Operations: Monitoring and reporting on cash balances from various bank accounts, managing cash flows, and ensuring that investment activity complies with company policy and are properly accounted for
- Stock Option Administration: Managing processes for recording stock option activity and ensure compliance with SFAS 123R
- Policies, Procedures and Internal Controls: Helping drive our company’s future efforts to comply with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
What We Expect From You:
- CPA designation, and Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Relevant experience in finance related roles and public accounting, previous controllership experience is a plus
- Exceptional analytical acumen
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience managing a team and supporting their growth and development
- Experience with Intacct or a similar system preferred
- Previous experience with SaaS / subscription business models preferred
- SEC/public company experience preferred
- Capital markets related activities is a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top