Chief Information Security Officer
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
DigitalOcean’s Chief Information Security Officer is the driver for the security and risk management program at DigitalOcean. The Chief Information Security Officer works with the business to integrate security into DigitalOcean’s products, people, and processes. Security at DigitalOcean is about driving the business forward and making it and its customers more secure every step of the way. Our customers trust us with their data and operations, and we take that responsibility seriously.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead and mentor a team of skilled security professionals covering the breadth of operations, engineering, appsec, and risk management.
- Define and evolve the vision for Security at a dynamic company and identifying innovative ways of accomplishing that vision.
- Work with all aspects of the business and company to drive the security vision.
- Collaborate with leadership on all aspects of risk management to identify and treat risks accordingly.
- Work with product owners to incorporate security into the products built by DigitalOcean
- Collaborate with DigitalOcean’s Trust and Safety teams to identify trends in malicious activity and identify innovative ways to address fraudulent or malicious activity.
- Responsible for liaising with law enforcement entities and involving legal resources where necessary.
- Responsible for understanding the implications of international data privacy on DigitalOcean’s business and translating them into actionable plans for the business.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Strong understanding and vision of how to design Security programs
- Strong knowledge of security domains (e.g. Security Engineering, Application Security, Operations, Risk Management, Privacy, Business Continuity, Physical Security).
- Strong knowledge of technologies and methodologies for securing infrastructure, products, and code.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Pragmatic security leadership skills
- Experience leading and growing teams
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Ability to influence
- Computer Science degree or cumulative relevant experience
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of DigitalOcean's Employees
Director, Employee Experience
Jessica oversees a wide spectrum of responsibilities related to the professional lives of DigitalOcean employees, ensuring that every team member enjoys an engaging and comfortable work environment.
Back to top