DigitalOcean is a simple cloud hosting built for developers, by developers. We make it easy for users to launch and manage their web infrastructure, and we love doing it. As a Technical Account Manager at DigitalOcean, you’re responsible for ensuring our business customers grow their usage of DigitalOcean and remain happy customers. This is a challenging and rewarding role in which you’ll be building relationships with our biggest customers to grow both our customer’s and DigitalOcean’s businesses.
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about the technologies we use, and have experience working with open-source and Linux environments. As the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!
This is a full-time position based at our New York City HQ or our Boston/Cambridge office.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will work with an assigned list of customers and be their relationship manager ensuring they are getting the resources they need to be successful
- You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of DigitalOcean within high growth organizations
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives at our customers to understand their business needs
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist Solutions Engineers and Customer Success in better serving your customers
- Engage in consistent, proactive customer calls and meetings to positively impact customer loyalty and revenue growth.
- Partner with new business team to ensure smooth transition and develop a plan for ensuring DigitalOcean is the cloud infrastructure solution of choice across the organization
- Work with customers to ensure they are leveraging the solution effectively and finding value in the service.
- Identify growth opportunities within named accounts while ensuring high renewal rates.
- Proactively monitor and identify usage trends in order to uncover renewal risks, while supporting greater adoption rates.
- Work closely with DigitalOcean resources as necessary (customer success, product management, finance, etc.).
- Make recommendations on how new DigitalOcean offerings fit in the company architecture
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership and DigitalOcean leadership
- Track customer interaction within Salesforce.com
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within DigitalOcean (be their voice)
What We'll Expect From You:
- Strong background with technology and Linux systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about technology and sales
- Strong identity with our brand and team culture
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success or Sales, Solutions Engineering type roles is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Startup experience a big plus
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- Because we have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- Because we value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- Because we care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- Because we invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- Because we want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- Because we value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top