Business Development Director
The Business Development Director is a senior management role within the sales organization with responsibility to lead targeting and outreach for large client and channel partners. In this capacity you will be responsible for new business development for our social media platform and services. The BDD is dedicated to increasing revenue from our current customer base as well as driving new business opportunities in target markets including retail, ecommerce, entertainment venues, and education. This is a full-time position located in our Scottsdale, AZ office that will focus on identifying, driving, and closing these opportunities via phone, email, social media outreach, personal networking, trade shows & events. Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time is required. This position reports within our sales group but has direct accountability to the Managing Director of strategic and emerging markets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect and pitch new business opportunities for DAS products and services.
- Build new marketing relationships with retail brands, digital agencies, and potential channel partners.
- Respond to RFP’s and draft new business proposals.
- Work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization to ensure successful development, sales and strategy execution of social media programs for clients.
- The development and execution of a business development plan and maintain the velocity of all deals through the sales pipeline.
- Arrange and host meet-up and events for senior decision makers.
- Speaking at trade shows and industry events.
Core & Technical Skills
- 8 + years selling digital media, advertising agency, or technology managed services.
- Proven track record of selling social, website redesign, or search marketing programs at the national account level or to channel partners.
- Experience leading strategic marketing brainstorming/white-boarding sessions with senior decision makers.
- Experience creating and tracking a new business pipeline in Salesforce.
- Ability to identify and connect with leads and client prospects through personal network, among previous client roster, through email, and social network outreach.
- Strong written and presentation skills, strong analytical and process skills.
- Amazing at establishing rapport with senior clients, and building enduring personal relationships.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing, paid and natural search optimization, media planning/buying, and social media strategies.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of tying sales execution and client satisfaction to top and bottom line organizational objectives.
- Coaching and staff development skills, good feedback skills, strong influence skills, time and project management skills and budget management.
- Previous experience selling in targeting retail, education, e-commerce, real estate or healthcare a big plus.
- Executive presence, perceptive, observant, intuitive, independent.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Very strong initiative and follow-through.
Get a sneak peek inside our culture by checking out our Muse Profile at https://www.themuse.com/companies/digitalairstrike
Benefits: Company-sponsored Medical/Dental/Vision plans, long-term disability and life insurance, incentive stock options, 401K plan, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent day care, tuition reimbursement, generous vacation and sick time allowance, 10 paid holidays, summer bonus 1/2 day off per month, anniversary day off.
EEOC Employer: Digital Air Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Some of Digital Air Strike's Employees
Client Success Manager
As a Client Success Manager, Diana leads the client advocates in their quest to do whatever it takes to keep clients happy and help them achieve their goals.
Back to top