VP of Operations
About the role:
At DIG, we strive for operational excellence across all restaurants, concepts, and markets. The VP of Operations role is a key driver and thought partner in creating standardized processes while maintaining our culinary integrity and commitment to both guest and employee experience. You will work cross functionally with our Culinary Operations Team to build a strong and streamlined culture of excellence in service and operational efficiency. You will be responsible for improving, operationalizing, and implementing new systems, programs, and processes in order to drive business growth as we scale into new markets. As the VP of Operations, you will inspire and motivate our teams, strategically problem solve, and live into our values setting an example for other DIG leaders. The VP of Operations will report directly to the C-Suite.
- Manage the restaurant teams to deliver employee, guest and shareholder satisfaction goals including financial results
- Monitor operational results and continuously propose and evaluate creative solutions that best serve the company and our customers
- Work with our multi-unit and individual location restaurant leaders to ensure consistent delivery of our product and service to drive financial success
- Analyze customer and employee feedback to constantly refine internal processes and customer experience
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor continuous improvement processes for our restaurants
- Exhibit leadership by example through effective coaching, motivating and reinforcing DIG's mission
- Lead and inspire a diverse workforce of analytical and technical resources as well as skilled laborers
- Work with the executive team to set strategic direction for restaurant operations and ensure execution to improve customer experience while driving down cost
- 8+ years hands-on operations leadership experience (restaurant experience is a plus but not essential), MBA preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of process engineering/production flow and the impact each has on overall ease of operations
- Proven experience establishing, implementing, and executing operational processes in a fast-paced environment
- An advanced understanding of budgetary concepts and labor modeling. You build process and efficiency with financial results top of mind
- Enthusiasm for thinking differently, tackling complex problems, and identifying new ways of doing things. You can quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for problems and workflows for teams and leadership
- A natural ability to drive solutions. You create processes surrounding strategic goals and direction
- A proven leadership track record. You inspire others to continue to push their own ideas forward and cultivate an owner’s mentality
- Hire, train, develop, retain and evaluate leadership talent to create and maintain high performing teams that reduce turnover, increase internal promotions & support growth and ensure that our top talent is ready to take on additional responsibilities
- Clear communication skills with experience in translating data into strategic recommendations. You can communicate seamlessly with technical and non-technical team members
- Exceptional time management and organization skills to manage deliverable prioritization and conflicting timelines in a fast paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting scrappy
Work perks: Aside from your standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Back to top