Strategic Operations Manager
About the role:
DIG is looking for a dynamic Strategic Operations Manager to join our growing Financial Planning & Business Analytics team, reporting into the Chief of Staff to the CFO. This role will be exposed to many moving parts of our restaurant group and will be a critical, strategic thought partner, working across the organization to drive value. You will leverage data, build models, communicate insights, and execute best practices to streamline and optimize processes during a high-growth period. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high-growth, fast-paced company and impact not only business operations but also the greater food system.
- 4-6 years of experience at a top tier management consulting firm or in a hands-on analytical environment.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Desire to take on responsibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Experience thriving when under pressure and multi-tasking.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting scrappy.
- An interest in the restaurant industry.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and solve an array of other complex business problems, using analytics and business judgment.
- Proactively identify and implement cross-departmental solutions to help scale our business.
- Work closely with internal teams to continuously improve processes using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide deep analytic support and business context to identify and drive critical growth initiatives.
- Partner with functions including finance, tech, operations, supply chain, real estate, and marketing to support our growth as we expand into new markets and business lines.
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them.
Work perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Back to top