Catering Manager, Boston
About the role:
The Catering Manager is on the front lines of one of our guests’ favorite ways to enjoy DIG - on their own turf. Catering is a big part of our business and we’re looking for select restaurants to have their own dynamic, guest-oriented, and insanely organized team member to help us take it to the next level. In addition to seeing each order through from its initiation through prep, pack-out, and dispatch, you’ll work with restaurant leadership to ensure each guest’s catering experience is second to none. This role will require 30-40 hours per week.
- Ensure a high-level of guest service at all times, embodying the “Culture of Yes” in all guest interactions.
- Be a brand ambassador and become an expert in our food and menu by being the main point of contact at your restaurant, handling any day-of catering-related guest inquiries or escalating them to the Guest Experience team at HQ as needed.
- Start your shift working with the restaurant leaders and dedicated off-site team to ensure all catering orders are properly organized before being dispatched (check, check, and check again), and end your shift certain that the team is stocked-to-rock for the following day.
- Make sure every catering order looks ready for it’s close up and tastes like perfection before it goes out the door.
- Manage the day-to-day catering logistics, whether a third-party delivery partner or with DIG's resident drivers.
- Manage the catering online ordering system ensuring orders are reviewed and special instructions are clear.
- Work with restaurant leaders to manage catering supplies inventory and support ordering as needed.
- An exceptional work ethic and a commitment to DIG's mission and values.
- Leadership skills: you and your colleagues share a mutual respect, and you can support the management of a small team.
- A knack for multitasking and the ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to follow instructions based on established procedures.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- The knowledge to operate all necessary equipment, from food heating/cooling machinery to the restaurant telephone.
- Basic computer proficiency (G-Suite, Slack, PC Operating Systems).
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Back to top