We’re in search of a kitchen leader with culinary chops, a natural ability to inspire and teach others, a passion for real food, and the management skills to run a group of restaurants. You’re in charge of executing six seasonal menu changes each year. You’ll have resources from the DIG Support Team to run best in class kitchens. You’ll train both seasoned and novice cooks, helping to nurture the next generation of chefs and keep the love of cooking in the kitchen.
You will manage 3-5 restaurants. You will report to the Chief Culinary Officer and work closely with our Senior Manager of People Operations.
- Train restaurant staff how to cook, serve, store and order fresh food.
- Encourage a learning environment by ensuring restaurant leaders are always training and teaching cooks.
- Create a passionate culture in which people love to cook and feed others - and experience that joy every single day.
- Develop menus and seasonal specials with DIG Culinary Team.
- Bring your A game and ensure restaurants exceed all DOH food and safety standards.
- Continually improve our kitchen production methods to maximize efficiency and meet food and labor costs.
- Be a voice of calm and confidence in high pressure situations and demonstrate leadership through adept problem solving.
- A joy for cooking and excellent kitchen skills attained from a culinary degree or equivalent field experience.
- 5+ years of experience in restaurants, including working with high volume.
- Solid communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong work ethic and an obsession for getting the job done well.
- Good business sense (numbers will be involved).
- Ability to problem solve in situations involving many moving parts.
- Two words: organization and cleanliness.
- Oh yeah, a current ServeSafe certificate.
- Creativity, an open mind, and a sense of humor.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership plan based on eligibility
- On-site yoga/exercise classes and open access studio for support team
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Back to top