Technology Support Associate, Part-Time
- Manhattan, NY
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At DIG, we’re building our technology with the same passion we apply in our kitchens. Information Technology (IT) is relied on daily by DIG’s loyal customer base and nearly every internal department -- from making sure Sweet Potatoes are available to our online customers to ensuring data security. Given this responsibility, DIG’s IT team hustles to ensure our guests and employees experience technology seamlessly so that the focus remains on the food and our mission.
In the spirit of providing the very best for our end-users, we’re searching for an enthusiastic Part Time Tech Support Associate to join our growing team. You will report into our IT Manager and work collaboratively with the rest of the IT support team to ensure full restaurant coverage. The Tech Support role is a part time hourly position with flexible early afternoon & evening hours. If you are looking for an opportunity to rapidly learn and contribute as a member of a small IT team with big aspirations, this is the role for you!
- Be the first point of contact for all computer hardware and software related requests from DIG employees, providing remote technical support or onsite support when appropriate.
- Exercise problem-solving to troubleshoot errors, bugs, and edge cases on critical systems (e.g., POS system, online ordering platform, restaurant wireless network).
- Assist with the maintenance and modification of the POS database and Online Ordering database.
- Work within our ticketing system to document resolutions, update users, and assist in the improvement of our internal systems.
- Own a crucial part of the digital guest experience by overseeing seasonal menu rollouts including gathering menu details and executing publishing on all digital platforms.
- Manage restaurant third party delivery technical support requests and work with third-party vendors to resolution.
- Record and maintain detailed documentation for systems and processes, for both end-users and other IT staff.
- Support with system administration, ensuring that all critical systems are functional and reliable.
- Maintain user accounts/access permissions (create, delete, update) across various digital platforms.
- Maintain equipment inventory, user ownership, and repair tracking (equipment includes Macs, PCs, Printers, Mobile Devices).
- Support a smooth employee journey from onboarding to offboarding; tasks may include conducting machine imaging, account configurations, and training.
- Collaborate on the technology needs for all new restaurant openings and new business concepts (e.g. new delivery concepts, open restaurants in new geographical markets, new internal business products).
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience providing onsite and remote desktop support.
- Knowledge and experience with Mac OS and Windows 10 administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and experience with supporting mobile devices and remote support tools.
- The ability to learn quickly and tackle challenges head-on.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Well-organized and able to effectively manage your time and tasks.
- Compassionate, empathetic, and can provide a personal touch to tech support.
- Positive and determined with the ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- Interested in growing professionally in an environment that values constant learning and hands-on experience.
WORK PERKS: Aside from a standard hourly wage, we also offer:
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, we’re building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we’ve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we’ve built direct and real relationships with farmers. We don’t just name check them on our menus -- we’re true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
We’re not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply
Back to top