Hello from Dialpad!
As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Design @ Dialpad
Our company mission is to make communications easy, frictionless, unified, and intelligent and our Product Design team delivers on that mission, working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Service to understand customer needs aligned with the whitespace in the market. We leverage data and research, Design Thinking, iterative testing and Lean UX to frame customer problems and define solutions that no other competitor is offering in the CCaSS and UCaSS space. Not only do we stand out because of our proprietary artificial intelligence engine, but we also happen to have a user experience that is recognized time and again by our customers as they move over from competitive offerings. Now is a fantastic time to be part of our team, as we enter the next phase of building an even more robust offering for our largest clients in need of a product that supports their every need in call centers, sales functions, and communications across their organization.
About The Role
Dialpad is seeking a Senior Product Designer who is passionate about helping to make communication better. Working with a strong team of Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers, this Designer will help us as we make Dialpad a best-in-class business communication tool.
A successful candidate will have an established background creating beautiful and intuitive customer-facing experiences. They utilize research to investigate problems and possible solutions. They design appropriate solutions, clearly articulating those decisions with their teams, and lead product discussions with their product manager and engineering counterparts. They possess strong communication skills—both synchronous and asynchronous. They are able to operate independently and proactively.
** This role requires fluent English. All candidates must have a portfolio attached in English or URL to English-translated site to be considered. **
- Build an understanding of Dialpad’s product architecture and distill it into elegant and intuitive interfaces and workflows.
- Balance Dialpad’s existing visual and UX patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience across the platform.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Design, Product Management, and Engineering throughout the entire product lifecycle to design new features and products.
- Quickly iterate on design solutions and ideas based on design critique sessions from peers or user research learnings.
- Create beautiful, functional, and intuitive visual designs and workflows that work cross-platform.
- Obsessively QA work with engineering and product management to ensure visual and UX adherence to the agreed upon solution, providing clear, actionable, and detailed feedback to your team for revisions.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills, both in one-on-one and group settings. Able to communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in an accessible way even to those unfamiliar with a project.
- Communicate work early and often, breaking down complex ideas, goals, and problems in an accessible way even to those unfamiliar with the project.
- Keeps discussions on-track and focused on delivering actionable next steps.
- Mentor junior designers and work well alongside peers.
- Identify user research opportunities (both qualitative and quantitative) to help support Product decisions and work closely with UX Research on those opportunities.
- Use our existing Design System, "Dialtone", and contribute to it as needed.
- 5+ years product design experience
- Strong interaction and visual design skills with an eye for details. Specifically strong understanding of information design, visual hierarchy, layout design, typography, color theory, and brand systems. (You must provide examples.)
- Experience incorporating Design, Engineering, Product, and Research feedback and/or insights into your work.
- Experience using design patterns, knowing when to adhere to patterns, and when to suggest pattern evolutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and can work, discuss, and present well with teams, groups, and levels across the organization.
- Experience working closely with engineering to develop, iterate, and ship high-end interactive solutions.
- Ability and willingness to quickly produce concepts and test ideas.
- Experience prototyping UI interactivity to help communicate your full vision for a feature, workflow, or solution.
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design and prototyping tools.
- Has experience conducting user research interviews.
- Has a strong desire to see how Designers can support the company’s goals, team initiatives, and the broader product vision.
Who will you work with?
Design Manager: The Design Manager helps the Product Designer through suggesting possible next steps from feedback, providing guidance on growth opportunities, championing their work with team members, and assisting them in their efforts to grow in their skills and abilities.
Product Design: The Product Designer works with all Product Design team members through providing constructive feedback, considering the big picture in their work, identifying when and where to ask and provide help to team members, adhering to and extending current design patterns, and assisting research efforts.
Product Management: The Product Designer works with Product Managers to help provide potential project solutions in the form of user workflows, artwork, prototypes, and conducting user research, as well as design and implement solutions that the team agrees to work on.
Engineering: The Product Designer works closely with Engineers to ensure all projects are visually and experientially implemented correctly, as well as track feature usage and share data findings with the team.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive rates
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.