As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human. We value data, experimentations, and a drive for impact, come join us!
The Product Engineering, Talk team is focused on building features of our flagship product’s key functionalities that are core to every single user’s experience. This is a full stack engineering team of frontend, backend, and full stack engineers that is building features for messaging, calling, and the admin experience.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Meet your manager and onboarding buddy who will support you in getting started
- Set up your development environment
- Get to know a highly communicative and collaborative engineering team
- Complete the engineering onboarding program, including training videos and documentation
- Get introduced to starter projects that will get you comfortable working with the Dialpad codebase.
In your first 60 days:
- Ramp up through educational frontend starter projects within the Talk team
- Receive mentorship and code reviews from your peers who love to work together, talk through projects, and actively help each other overcome roadblocks.
By 90 days:
- Develop a deeper understanding of Talk concepts and the Talk codebase so you can work on more complex projects.
- Build features based on the team’s quarterly goals. We are driven by data and customer surveys to determine which features and workflows are most important to our customers.
- Learn how to do code reviews so you can contribute your knowledge with peers in the future.
- Work across team boundaries contributing to our shared component library used by all product engineers
Who you are
As an experienced frontend engineer on the Talk team, you will own significant user-facing features and tackle technical challenges and enrich the team through your engineering experience including mentoring junior engineers. You are excited to learn and contribute to the team, care deeply for the user experience, and are excited to deliver the best product for our customers.
What we’re looking for
- Prior experience building, launching and maintaining front-end products at scale
- Experience working cross-functionally with partners from product and design
- Good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience leading and owning the development of new features
Our Tech Stack: Python backend on Google App Engine / Google Cloud Platform, Vue.js/vuex frontend
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.