Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Dia&Co is the only retail service dedicated to meeting the plus size community’s full range of style needs. We’re applying the best of data and technology to serve women who have been ignored for far too long—from developing the shopping experiences she’s always wanted, to building community platforms that inspire her, to ensuring she sees herself represented in the world around her.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking a full stack developer well versed in Ruby/Rails, preferably with React skills, who wants to join us in creating a suite of large consumer-facing and internal products that are driving business by transforming both operational efficiency and consumer e-commerce. We have a diverse set of projects and tech that we work on, from a React/Rails consumer-facing frontend, to a machine-learning driven styling system, to mobile-optimized warehouse workflows. Data and AI are at the heart of all decisions we make at Dia. All of our technology is built 100% in-house (no off-the-shelf software or legacy systems) and hosted on AWS.
- have 5+ years development experience, with strong Ruby/Rails and/or React skills
- are familiar with a range of modern data stores (Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- write clear, self-documenting code, and seek out viable methodologies
- are aware of performance trade-offs and write efficient, scalable code
- are serious (but pragmatic) about TDD, and refactor purposefully
- can work as a full-stack developer, though you may prefer frontend/backend
- make independent decisions for routine tasks and collaborate with and mentor junior engineers
- aren’t afraid of some dev-ops work as needed (we’re fully on AWS)
- have a CS or equivalent degree (preferred)
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to creating our own private label collections from the ground up
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed (Series C), growth-stage startup co-founded by two women
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of everything that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and top quality medical, dental, and vision plans
- a leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative
- great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village) or in LA (Culver City WeWork)
Meet Some of Dia&Co's Employees
Varun R.Director of Data
Varun reviews all the data Dia&Co collects from customers and uses that information to help the company improve its inventory model and the way clothes fit on clients.
Back to top