Senior Manager, Merchandise Operations
Who We Are:
Dia&Co is the only retail service dedicated to meeting the plus size community’s full range of style needs. We’re applying the best of data and technology to serve women who have been ignored for far too long—from developing the shopping experiences she’s always wanted, to building community platforms that inspire her, to ensuring she sees herself represented in the world around her.
What You'll Do:
Reporting into the Director of Merchandise Planning and Operations, you will be a strategic partner to the Buying and Operations teams and drive operational excellence by identifying opportunities, innovating, and delivering actionable P&L results within our inventory management and supply chain processes. This role is ideal for a detail-oriented person with a ‘roll up the sleeves’ attitude in delivering results, extreme organizational skills, comfortable with multitasking and tight deadlines, and a passion for designing and standardizing processes. We are looking for someone to build our processes and our team from the ground up, analyze our performance, and drive continued excellence in this area.
- Partnering with Buying, Operations and Product Management teams to create processes, SLAs and tools around inventory management in our distribution center and building out related digital systems and tools
- Creating a strategy to optimize the costs and timing of our inbound freight; Owning the relationship with our inbound freight provider, and managing the tracking of our product deliveries
- Partnering with the buying teams to build a vendor evaluation and compliance process and create relevant operational metrics
- Analyzing damages and defects and relaying relevant insights to the buying teams
- Building streamlined process to request and manage vendor samples for both merchandising and marketing purposes
- Driving down buyer or vendor related costs at the distribution center
Who you are:
- Excited and passionate about the Dia&Co mission
- Action-oriented mindset and a strong desire to be hands-on
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong follow-up, organizational skills
- Desire to have a tangible business impact
- Outstanding communications skills with all levels of an organization and third-party vendors
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast pace and changing priorities
- 4-6 years in a strategy, operations and execution role (management consulting or start-up experience a plus)
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Bachelor level degree in business, finance, or economics; MBA preferred.
- Proven track record of successful process design and implementation
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment: highly self-directed, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to build relationships and successfully partner with multiple cross-functional groups including buying, planning, operations, suppliers, and freight carriers.
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to creating our own private label collections from the ground up
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed (Series C), growth-stage startup co-founded by two women
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of everything that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and top quality medical, dental, and vision plans
- a leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative
- great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village)
Back to top