Merchandise Planning Manager
Who We Are:
Dia&Co is a venture-backed in-home retail experience for plus-size women. We are expanding our talented team and want passionate, smart, multitalented go-getters to join us. Our business meets a profound need and is shaking things up.
What You'll Do:
The Merchandise Planning & Strategy Manager, reporting into the Director of Planning, is a strategic partner to the Buying team and informs merchandising decisions using data and analysis. The ideal candidate possesses the passion to drive tangible business results using data, the analytical horsepower to solve a wide range and large number of merchandising questions quickly but effectively, the ability to flex around rapidly changing and often competing priorities, strong collaboration and communication skills, and an innovative drive to improve processes, tools and methodologies.
- Generate inventory and margin goals in partnership with the Buying teams, Data Science, and Marketing including actionable plans to meet these goals.
- Design and develop new reporting and dashboards to drive better forecasting, planning, and performance measurement
- Analyze in-season performance to identify areas of risk and opportunity, and create plans to mitigate or accelerate
- Build assortment plans and projections with the Buying team – both long term and short term – including a sourcing strategy
- Manage our in-season inventory, balancing sales and margin goals
- Generally, engage in an arm-in-arm partnership with the Buyer to become a true business stakeholder and driver
- Partner with cross-functional teams on creating and optimizing processes around merchandising functions in an innovative business environment
Who you are:
- Track record of success in analytics, retail, e-commerce and/or a start-up environment
- Passion for working with business partners to identify opportunities, innovate, and deliver results.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative capabilities
- Excited to work collaboratively with a broad range of business partners
- Outstanding communications skills with all levels of an organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast pace and changing priorities
- Action-oriented mindset and a strong desire to be hands-on: collaborate with teams, manipulate data, apply innovative analytic approaches, summarize and story-tell, and move the business to action.
- 3-4 years in a business decision-driving analytical role (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, financial planning, merchandise planning); retail or start-up experience a plus
- Bachelor level degree in business, finance, economics or mathematics
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Strong ability to learn reporting/data warehousing tools quickly. Experience with SQL a plus
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment: highly self-directed, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- are a small startup, so your contributions make a BIG difference
- are growing rapidly and strive to be the world-class leader in our space; we will settle for nothingless
- are telling an authentic story with the opportunity to truly provoke change
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability
- really, really, really care about what we do
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare premiums covered for employees
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
- Great snacks, happy hours and a fun office environment!
Back to top