Lead Software Engineer
Who We Are
Dia&Co is the leading personalized styling service for women who wear sizes 14+. Our business meets a profound need, and we are on a mission to democratize fashion — not only by providing easy access to quality clothing, but also by building an inclusive community of women who use fashion to celebrate their bodies. We’re expanding our talented team and are looking for passionate, smart and multi-talented go-getters to join us.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking a full stack developer well versed in Ruby/Rails, preferably with React skills, who wants to join us in creating a suite of large consumer-facing and internal products that are driving business by transforming both operational efficiency and consumer e-commerce. We have a diverse set of projects and tech that we work on, from a React/Rails consumer-facing frontend, to a machine-learning driven styling system, to mobile-optimized warehouse workflows. Data and AI are at the heart of all decisions we make at Dia. All of our technology is built 100% in-house (no off-the-shelf software or legacy systems) and hosted on AWS.
- have 8+ years development experience, with strong Ruby/Rails and/or React skills
- are familiar with a range of modern data stores (Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- write clear, self-documenting code, and seek out best practices
- are aware of performance trade-offs and write efficient, scalable code
- are serious (but pragmatic) about TDD, and refactor aggressively
- can work as a full-stack developer, though you may prefer frontend/backend
- can mentor other engineers and help them implement your architectural solutions
- aren’t afraid of some dev-ops work as needed (we’re fully on AWS)
- have a CS or equivalent degree (preferred)
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed, post-series A startup co-founded by two women
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to developing our own collections from the ground up
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of all that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and top quality medical, dental, and vision plans
- a leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative
- great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village) or in LA (Culver City WeWork)
Meet Some of Dia&Co's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Zachary’s core duties revolve around sustaining and developing Dia&Co’s software systems while also managing technological projects that enhance the company’s services and keep the customer happy.
Back to top