Director of Product Design
Who We Are
Dia&Co is the only retail service dedicated to meeting the plus size community’s full range of style needs. We’re applying the best of data and technology to serve women who have been ignored for far too long—from developing the shopping experiences she’s always wanted, to building community platforms that inspire her, to ensuring she sees herself represented in the world around her.
What We're Looking For
We are seeking a Director of Product Design who wants to join us in creating a suite of large consumer-facing and internal products that are transforming both operational efficiency and consumer e-commerce. Our product team is small, smart, and fast. We value and support design precision, off-the-charts ambition, independent thinking, design/engineering collaboration, mobile-first thinking, true agility, user testing, analytics-driven UX/UI design, constant iteration, and building a beloved consumer brand.
- Groom and grow individual product designers, keeping in mind outcomes of high performance, high engagement, and high quality of work.
- Understanding the needs of managing a Product Design team, introducing industry best practices related to UX methodologies and setting team-wide standards for design-at-scale.
- Partner with Product Management, Data, and Engineering leadership, with a goal towards leading the design team in a culture of collaboration and co-making within an agile process.
- Manage teams to deliver a suite of consumer-facing e-commerce products as well as internal products that transform operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with the executive team to inform how a design-thinking culture, qualitative methods and data-driven decisions can drive towards human-centered consumer experiences.
- Lead qualitative methodologies related to user research, advocating for specific user needs across the lifecycle of the consumer.
- Work very closely with the Marketing Creative team, to ensure a consistent customer experience across all touchpoints
- 10+ years of product design experience creating and running a product design team of more than 5 full-stack designers (UX/UI).
- Practical knowledge in responsive web applications and mobile breakpoints to enable the ability to provide feedback and guidance on all parts of the product design process including user experience, user interface and visual design systems.
- Will inspire, empower and motivate your team driving quality design work and evolving our products and design systems.
- Expert knowledge of JIRA and experience in dual-track scrum processes, enabling collaboration with engineering, product and marketing creative teams.
- Experience building design teams, recruiting, attracting talent
- Experience managing design systems underlying visual component patterns to manage the standards used across the design team.
- Inspiring portfolio showcasing consumer-facing subscription products. Case studies that include e-commerce purchasing use cases a plus.
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to creating our own private label collections from the ground up
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed (Series C), growth-stage startup co-founded by two women
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of everything that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy, and health care coverage
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
- great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village)
Back to top