Director of Engineering
Who We Are:
Dia&Co is the leading personalized styling service for women who wear sizes 14+. Our business meets a profound need, and we are on a mission to democratize fashion — not only by providing easy access to quality clothing, but also by building an inclusive community of women who use fashion to celebrate their bodies. We’re expanding our talented team and are looking for passionate, smart and multi-talented go-getters to join us.
What We’re Looking For:
As Director of Engineering you will be responsible for team management, technical recruiting, internal communication, and product delivery -- everything necessary to get our technical products shipped while ensuring our team is hitting their mark.
- Manage our hiring goals, interview process, and talent retention.
- Ensure our dev team operates efficiently to deliver quality code.
- Be in charge of the people in our developer organization.
- Mentor and help our developers grow into the next generation of technical and managerial leaders.
- Help shape the culture of the development team to be one that is high-functioning, engaging, and motivational
- Have an engineering degree or equivalent background.
- Experience leading an engineering team of at least 6 developers.
- 8+ years as a technical individual contributor
- 2+ years as a technical manager/leader
- 4+ years experience with an MVC framework (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Strong technical understanding at both the implementation level as well as of systems architecture.
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed, post-series A startup co-founded by two women
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to developing our own collections from the ground up
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of all that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and health care coverage
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
- great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village)
Back to top