Director of Engineering
Who We Are:
Dia&Co is the only retail service dedicated to meeting the plus size community’s full range of style needs. We’re applying the best of data and technology to serve women who have been ignored for far too long—from developing the shopping experiences she’s always wanted, to building community platforms that inspire her, to ensuring she sees herself represented in the world around her.
What We’re Looking For:
As Director of Engineering you will be responsible for team management, technical recruiting, internal communication, and product delivery — everything necessary to get our technical products shipped while ensuring our team is hitting their mark.
- Handle our hiring goals, interview process, and talent retention.
- Ensure our dev team operates deftly to deliver quality code.
- Be in charge of the people in our developer organization.
- Mentor and help our developers grow into the next generation of technical and managerial leaders.
- Help craft the culture of the development team to be one that is high-functioning, engaging, and motivational
- Have an engineering degree or equivalent background.
- Experience leading an engineering team of at least 6 developers.
- 8+ years as a technical individual contributor
- 2+ years as a technical manager/leader
- 4+ years experience with an MVC framework (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Strong technical understanding at both the implementation level as well as of systems architecture.
- strive daily to transform the fashion industry, from working with existing top brands to creating our own private label collections from the ground up
- are a Sequoia Capital-backed (Series C), growth-stage startup co-founded by two women
- have styled countless amazing women across the country in the past three years—they are at the core of everything that we do
- foster a culture of autonomy and accountability—your contributions make a big difference
- have an office that is buzzing with excitement—we are genuinely happy to be at work each day
- celebrate each other’s individuality and unique skill sets
- create good karma by aiming to surprise and delight at every touchpoint
Benefits & Perks
- competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy and health care coverage
- a leadership team that embraces creativity and initiative
- great snacks, Bagel Wednesdays, office happy hours and a fun office environment!
- located in Hudson Square (the heart of Tribeca, SoHo and West Village)
Back to top