Senior Data Scientist
This position works as a senior member of a research engineering team responsible for researching, evaluating, and piloting information technology innovations in a specific application areas.
Works on cutting edge technology for auction design, yield optimization, inventory management and user-behavior predictive analytics for the interactive media properties.
Develops and maintains the DexYP business monetization systems including yield management, purchased traffic optimization and network inventory and profit optimization. Turns detailed functional and algorithmic specifications for media systems into production level systems. Success is measured by quantifiable impacts on site metrics including user generated revenue, profit, and balk.
Aid developers in implementing new products
Maintain an awareness of company strategies and tactical plans
Stay abreast of industry and technology trends to form a basis for potential innovations.
RequirementsMaster's Degree or higher
- Knowledge of current systems architectures and infrastructures, and potential integration points.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development life cycle methodologies, including Agile/SCRUM.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in algorithm design, combinatorial and numerical optimization.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in statistics and machine learning skills.
- Knowledge of evolving business strategies, industry trends, and innovations.
- Minimum 1 year RDBMS/SQL experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Matlab, R or Python programming experience.
- Experience in designing and developing high-performance, reliable, mission-critical systems.
Nice to have skill set:
- Knowledge of NoSQL and Big Data
- Knowledge of Hadoop
- Spark programming
Dex Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of DexYP's Employees
Assistant Vice President, Sales Training & Recruiting
Grant helps Dex Media bring on best-in-class employees—and retain them—so clients benefit from top-notch service. To achieve that goal, he helps shape all training and recruiting programs.
Back to top