GM - Digital Consumer Platforms
This key leadership role, reporting to the CMO, is about leading the development of a world-class consumer experience on DexYP's consumer-facing properties, including: YP.com, the YP.com mobile app, Superpages.com, the Superpages.com mobile app, DexKnows.com, and purpose-built offerings like Gas Guru. The candidate will also lead a robust product management organization with a focus on developing a multi-platform approach to capturing and engaging consumers via DexYP's digital properties.
DexYP is well into its digital transformation. The Company represents $2B revenue, about 1/2 of which comes from Digital, the other 1/2 stemming from DexYP's legacy Print business. This highly profitable and broad reaching company understands that a good consumer experience across its digital offerings is critical to continued growth and leadership in their space. The company has 60MM combined monthly visitors across the consumer properties. With dedicated resources across Engineering, Product, Marketing, Content, Design / UX, and Analytics, DexYP is invested in its Consumer Group supporting its strategy and specific programs around delivering a heighted digital experience and more product features across its current and future slated owned and operated products.
The GM Digital Consumer Platforms will ideally come from a strong consumer facing product background where they have owned and executed the product roadmap delivering well received Mobile and Desktop offerings to the marketplace. This role is equally strategic as it is hands-on. Therefore, this executive will be skilled at flipping the switch between higher level strategic initiatives, and working shoulder to shoulder as a player-coach with the Product, Design/UX, and Analytics teams.
This is a tremendous time to join an industry leader that is well positioned financially with an arsenal of assets at its disposal.
Job Details and Responsibilities
Reports to the CMO. Responsible and accountable for owning and developing the Consumer product roadmap across all DexYP digital touch points:
- Responsible for developing a product management vision and strategy for all consumer-facing platforms (mobile, tablet, mobile web, web).
- Deliver relevant, scalable and innovative products from concept to successful implementation.
- Develop and own the product roadmap for all platforms to ensure it meets market needs and business objectives.
- Spearhead creative solutions that enhance and further the current products.
- Prioritize projects according to market needs and business priorities, continually evaluate the performance of products and features against goals, develop recommendations for improvement, and manage product backlog.
- Ensure user oriented design is the primary approach to product development across multiple screens, based on user behavior data and direct customer feedback.
- Collaborate with advertising and marketing teams to ensure consumer initiatives fit with overall company objectives.
- Articulate product management vision and roadmap to team members and across key teams including marketing, sales, advertising solutions, and executive management teams.
Requirements10+ years preferred of product management experience overseeing the design, development and launch of successful consumer internet products and/or applications on devices.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of customer needs, business goals and competitive pressures and the ability to convert those into product requirements and priorities.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and coach product management and/or development teams.
- B.A. or MBA / BS or MS preferably in an engineering or related technical field.
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, challenged by accountability, and an innovator.
- Must have the ability to operate independently, juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results oriented environment.
- Extremely knowledgeable and on the cutting edge of mobile applications, WAP, SMS/MMS technologies, mobile media, emerging mobile technologies, and mobile marketing.
- Experience writing Product Requirement Documents (PRD's) and forecast models.
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems through analytics and data-driven decision-making.
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance market needs with business priorities, drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle, manage conflict, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
Personal Attributes & Characteristics
- Flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality; not afraid to make mistakes quickly and course-correct
- A technical leader who brings the ability to develop solid professional relationships and become a productive member of a wider team
- Proven high-level strategic, creative-thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to build teamwork and a healthy, respectful, yet driven
- Can think creatively to generate and implement unique programs and strategies
- Execution and no ego: not afraid to take on the heavy lifting and lead by example; brings a track record of accomplishments, but still has a lot to learn - Energy, enthusiasm and a hunger to win; driven to succeed
Meet Some of DexYP's Employees
Assistant Vice President, Sales Training & Recruiting
Grant helps Dex Media bring on best-in-class employees—and retain them—so clients benefit from top-notch service. To achieve that goal, he helps shape all training and recruiting programs.
Back to top