Expert – Retirement Benefits Analyst
This position is responsible for the strategy, design and administration of the company's retirement plans (pension and 401(k).
Specific objectives include:
- Plan administration, programming and reporting in compliance with multiple plan provisions and legal requirements.
- Vendor management responsibility to ensure compliance with plan provisions and participant services and reporting
- Maintains benefit plan data necessary for improvements to both design and administration of retirement plans and programs
- Extensive direct interaction with plan participants, researching, analyzing and resolving of plan participant inquiries.
- Subject matter expert on all plans including qualified and non-qualified pension and savings plans.
- Maintains updated plan procedures manual to ensure administration conforms to plan documents and regulations for all relevant areas. Maintain current and historical documents including, plan documents, SPD's MMO, amendments and changes.
- Position requires working knowledge of legal plan documents, legal agreements and retirement plan terminology; knowledge of ERISA and current retirement plan legislation, including DOL and IRS regulations.
- Supports significant retirement plan projects including implementing plan or vendor changes.
- Analyze plan data and identify trends and emerging benefit issues and make recommendations.
- Verify accuracy of data, manage QDRO process.
- Prepare monthly activity reports and funding requests.
- Prepares communications to participants for education or compliance.
- Support internal and external audit of retirement plans including participant level testing. Ensure compliance with SOX and other internal control requirements.
- Work extensively with ERISA counsel, record-keepers, and multiple service providers/vendors in the management and execution of plan provisions
Requirements■Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, some knowledge of Microsoft Access
■Strict compliance with deadlines, multitasking and coordinating all internal resources and external vendors
■Financial and quantitative analysis of retirement plans
■Ability to collaborate and establish working relationships with finance, treasury, internal audit, legal and accounting
■Ability to meet deadlines, resolve complex and abstract issues, and reconcile complicated and detailed data
■Project Management Skills
■Bachelor's degree or equivalent
■8+ years of related experience in HR and Pension/401(k) administration
Dex Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of DexYP's Employees
Assistant Vice President, Sales Training & Recruiting
Grant helps Dex Media bring on best-in-class employees—and retain them—so clients benefit from top-notch service. To achieve that goal, he helps shape all training and recruiting programs.
Back to top