Digital Communications Manager
Principal Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible for creating a vision for the department, as well as leading the team that executes that strategy. This position requires expertise on email content strategy with emphasis on Email and SMS Text Marketing for small to medium sized businesses. In addition, this person will create and modify internal Operations email communications to our external clients as well as educating Operations client facing staff on email marketing techniques utilizing industry best practices on client engagement and retention.
Organizes and delivers training for email marketing for small to medium sized businesses to various digital operations job functions. Serves as a resource for identifying digital training needs and assesses the effectiveness of training programs. Strategically determines the most effective method of delivering business technical training to the operational fulfillment teams. This position requires extensive experience in the development and facilitation of email marketing training for small to large audiences.
Review and suggest ways to enhance current training materials for optimum learning. Must be able to train utilizing the following forums; classroom, on-the-job, remote learning / online courses and train the trainer to transfer knowledge to vendor or other training organizations (internal and external). Must think of business strategy when determining training solutions, taking into account the most cost effective method to achieve the desired results.
Develop and maintain training materials such as student handouts, lesson plans, and practical exercises for programs including product, process or system launches or changes.
Provide remote and on-site support for single process / client in internal and external operations teams.
Work closely with Digital Product marketing and other cross functional experts (Curriculum writers, Business Analysts and client subject matter experts) to identify key issues and opportunities for improvement. Proactively work to implement changes that impact workflows and processes and include cost savings initiatives. This includes identifying and communicating process changes that will impact training modules.
Serve as a subject matter expert for email and SMS programs, advising Operations support team on how to develop behavior-driven campaigns that meet business objectives and brand goals.
Be a leader, mentor, role-model to facilitate learning and manage trainees in a classroom
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, PR, Communications (or related field of study) or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel stateside and overseas
- Extensive digital marketing knowledge specifically in email marketing by small to medium sized business to consumers.
- Strong presentation & facilitation skills that easily adapt to individual, small, and large group settings.
- Experience using online course development tools such as Lectora, Snagit and Camstasia, Captivate preferred.
- Experience developing email automation.
- Experience with digital strategy campaign management (social media, display, paid search, remarketing etc.)
- Engaging, high energy hands-on professional with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-versed in adult learning / Learning & Development best practices, research and trends.
- Proven performance consulting capabilities, coupled with strong influence, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- Superior computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Embrace change as an opportunity rather than a roadblock and inspire others to do the same.
- Take an active role in understanding how the business operates and continuously pursue new knowledge to make informed business decisions and maintain functional expertise.
- Practice open, honest and clear communication with all team members. Tailor communication style, approach and content based on the situation and audience needs or concerns.
- Proactively help others to do their best work through teaching, coaching and mentoring. Provide effective feedback to enable continuous performance improvement and the achievement of business objectives.
- Demonstrate the courage to stand up for values and beliefs regardless of the situation. Be willing to have tough conversations that will benefit team members and the business.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment screening process.
- 3 – 5 years of Trainer/Facilitator experience.
- Strong project management skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills, including data manipulation and analysis.
- Ability to influence without direct control.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including VISIO and MS Project.
- Experience developing email automation
- Experience with digital strategy campaign management (social media, display, paid search, remarketing, etc.)
- Knowledge of metrics tools to better understand revenue generating campaigns from email, social, paid search etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working within a highly collaborative environment.
- Write and/or edit copy for emails and SMS Text.
- Fine tune product messaging for SMBs in coordination with clients.
- Edit content produced by your clients prior to publishing
- Three to five years of experience in email marketing for small to medium sized businesses.
- Ability to influence without direct control.
- Knowledge of relational databases and the data elements that relate to preparing effective queries and SQL scripts that meet business needs for our primary clients is preferred.
- Familiarity with cross functional reports that support our client applications.
- Industry knowledge of the Internet, online/ecommerce products/services.
- Able to facilitate and lead multiple projects with various deadlines
BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
3 to 4 years using Digital Email and SMS Marketing for SMB businesses. E.g. Constant Contact, facebook, twitter etc.
People and Budget Management Responsibility
Does this position have responsibility for direct supervision of one or more employees; including hiring, salary decisions, performance and terminations? No
Does this position have responsibility for budget development and oversight?
Please list below, the travel required to perform this position.
Less than 5% - 20% travel
Must be able to travel domestic and internationally
Meet Some of DexYP's Employees
Assistant Vice President, Sales Training & Recruiting
Grant helps Dex Media bring on best-in-class employees—and retain them—so clients benefit from top-notch service. To achieve that goal, he helps shape all training and recruiting programs.
Back to top