Coordinator - Cash
DexYP is dedicated to working with local businesses to provide marketing solutions that will help them win, keep and grow their business and be successful. We're looking for energetic team members that share our enthusiasm in helping our clients to the best of our ability, commanding a DONE³ attitude, and thriving in a culture that rewards hard work with equally hard play!
The Cash Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities related to payment postings. Each coordinator within the department may be assigned as few as 2 or as many as 6 unique responsibilities. Responsibilities within the department will rotate semi-annually to provide bench strength within the department and further develop the coordinator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: 1) reapplying payments that fall to the Exception Control Accounts; 2) Managing the Cash Department's shared mail boxes and responding to the Sales Force Cloud cases; 3) Managing bank adjustment activity and properly updating sub-ledger balances; 4) Manage Chargebacks and perform necessary maintenance 5) Manage all live checks and white mail received within the company; and 6) Process refund requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expediently posts Local/Advance/National payments that do not automatically post to client's accounts; creates payments through accounts receivable system, when necessary, to ensure accurate client account information is maintained in the accounts receivable sub-ledger as reflected in the bank deposits.
- Manages the Cash department's shared e-mail boxes for Local, National, Advance Payment, Credit Card and Refund Requests. Resolves payment inquiries submitted by internal/external customers, including Client Care, Solution Center, Credit and Collections, Billing, National Billing, Vendors and Sales. Performs necessary maintenance to resolve issue. Manages Sales Force's Cash Inquiries, Credit Card and Refund Request cases.
- Research and communicate payment issues with our bank, requesting corrections via bank cases. Process Journal Entries, as needed to ensure sub-ledger balances with ledger.
- Post, research and respond to Credit Card chargebacks; deals directly with American Express and Paymentech (MasterCard, Visa and Discover). Ensures all debits/credits are properly recorded in the accounts receivable sub-ledger.
- Provides timely processing of all live checks and miscellaneous mail. Live checks are processed via Virtual Remit for deposit. Non-advertising checks are forwarded to appropriate parties or returned to sender.
- Researches all requests for refunds; processes refunds accurately and timely, providing appropriate information to the requestor; Responds to all inquiries related to refunds; Assists Accounts Payable with undelivered/uncashed refunds.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment screening process.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Accounts Receivables knowledge/experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and goal orientated.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; Intermediate keying skills
- Extensive knowledge of Billing/Accounts Receivable and related systems a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and make decisions
- Knowledge of accounts receivable/banking/electronic payments is a plus
- Ability to understand complex payment issues and analysis
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School Diploma Required,
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Minimum Experience Requirement
- Less than 2 years cash processing experience and/or customer service experience
Meet Some of DexYP's Employees
Cameron champions client goals and serves as a partner for every step of the business’ journey. He also helps adjust campaigns to meet smaller milestones based on campaign analytics.
Back to top