Sr Software Engineer-Amdocs
Who we are – Dex Media is a full-service media company offering integrated marketing solutions and also a top online resource for finding information and insights on businesses and retailers with rich profile content for millions of listings nationwide.
Client Portal Engineering provides Dex Media Clients a B2B ecosystem available on mobile and web that allows them to access listings, profile, campaigns, graphics, agreements, manage / optimize ads, pay bills, and to get reported on the ad performance.
1. Support our core CRM/Publishing/Billing/Sales backend systems leveraging Amdocs technology and Cobol/Java and SOA/ESB. Prior knowledge/experience with Amdocs technology a mandatory.
2. Knowledge of SOA and the demonstrated ability to expose and leverage Amdocs systems across other enterprise systems key to your success and growth.
3. Designs, develops and maintains our core systems and leverages/extends them into our growth areas/systems. Utilizes DexMedia’s technology stack and related software development technologies to implement highly scalable and reliable enterprise n-tier distributed applications. Provides technical leadership and/or solutions. Identifies efficiency improvement opportunities.
4. Performs product design, bug verification and remediation, as well as production support. Modifies, repairs, or enhances existing software to correct errors, increase efficiency, upgrade interfaces, or improve performance.
5. Works closely with junior developers to maintain high-level of coding standards. Mentors junior developers. Collaborates and performs code reviews with onshore and off-shore team members
6. Writes and contributes to technical documentation. Creates test scripts and performs detailed unit testing and analysis on software and systems. Works with operations staff to troubleshoot and maintain production systems.
7. Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements. Analyzes project requirements and makes recommendations as appropriate.
8. Zero prejudices about legacy technologies; drives to solve business needs with tools at hand and finds creative ways to extend/improve new technologies/solutions.Requirements1. Deep expertise with Oracle 7+ and SQL development/debugging/performance tuning at the query level.
2. Experience using Unix/Linux shell scripting
3. Deep experience with Java and Cobol. Service Oriented Architecture and working in a Tibco/ESB environment preferred.
4. Experience and comfort working in Agile/Scrum as well as Waterfall SDLC.
5. Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools.
6. Fluency and comfort in Batch as well as Online development/operations.
7. Amdocs experience mandatory.
8. Enjoy working with as a team member fully engage in verbal and written communication methods.
9. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Experience in required.
10. Must have at least 5-8 years progressive software development/delivery experience.
11. Based on rotation, should be available 24×7 to resolve high impacted production outages (if any)
Dex Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top