Sr. Software Engineer
Join our Dex IT team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. The day to day work will involve working as an Analyst and Software Developer on projects critical to our digital portfolio.
- Work as senior software engineer for multiple projects at various levels of complexities.
- Perform analysis on the provided business requirements transforming them into designs that provide flexibility and reusability.
- Prepare detailed designs, develop/review code, and perform/support unit testing and deployments in a DevOps / Agile environment.
- Work with cross functional teams to help solve complex issues.
- Interact with architects/leads and suggest design solutions.
- Interact with offshore resources to review code, review test results, and resolve issues in timely manner.
- Embraces working in a DevOps focused environment with a deep interest in engineering high quality solutions that test and deploy with ever improving demonstration of success.
- Bring enthusiasm, ownership and pride to your daily work and team interactions.
- Provide operational support for break/fix activities.Requirements
- Five years of experience developing in Java and JEE on UNIX, Linux, and/or Windows.
- Extensive experience with SQL performance tuning and performance improvement of java applications is highly desired.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience in creating and consuming Web Services (Primarily RESTful and SOAP helpful).
- Experience with Axis, Xfire, XSD, Jersey and JSON.
- Experience using relational database Oracle, Web Server Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with Spring framework, multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with micro services and loosely coupled architecture.
- Hands on experience in JMS or any other messaging related concepts.
- Strong software development process background using Agile methodologies.
- Experience using Maven and Jenkins as build tools.
- PeopleSoft and any Java UI Experience is a plus.
- Experience with online advertising.
- Understanding of backend, high volume transactional processing in client server applications.
- BS in Computer / Engineering disciplines or equivalent work experience.
Dex Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top