Wholesale Bank Audit Trainer - Vice President
Wholesale Bank Audit Trainer - Vice President
Job ID: 3169711
Location: New York, United States of America
The Group Audit (GA) function has over 700 staff located in our four hub locations New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 26 other countries.
The hallmarks of our professional, business focused, proactive risk-based work are transparency, integrity and independence. We assist the bank's businesses and infrastructure functions to identify control weaknesses.
Being Deutsche Bank's 'third line of defence' we have a high profile in the bank acting as an independent and forward looking challenger and adviser to Senior Management on issues and occurrences and are increasingly consulted for advice by the regulators.
Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate with knowledgeable colleagues and specialists around the world.
Job Title: Wholesale Bank Audit Trainer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Reporting to the Head of Staff Development, this New York based role will be responsible for building and delivering training courses aimed at enhancing knowledge of business risk in Deutsche Bank's products and best market control practices, Group Audit's (GA) audit methodology and people skills relevant to the execution of our audit plans.
Operating in a challenging environment, with a dynamic audit methodology and a large number of new joiners in Group Audit (GA), the role holder will play a key part in helping deliver the following components of our tactical plan:
- The launch of inspirational staff induction
- The production of baseline competence training material
- Running methodology refresher courses
- Project management for Internal Audit learning
- Developing our on-line learning portal
- Enhancing staff's learning paths
- The launch of a ground-breaking competency framework that supports the development of our people
- You will require active interaction and partnership with the Methodology, QA and the Audit Help desk teams to ensure the messages conveyed are clear and consistent. All Staff Development team members will be actively involved in the GA Continuous Improvement Program to further enhance the framework for an effective internal audit function
- Team members will proactively take ownership for their career management and work to create and reinforce an environment where people management and development is a key priority and personally demonstrate commitment to their immediate team and the wider function
- You will require flexibility to travel to other hub locations at relatively short notice for short term training assignments
We are seeking an individual who has a proven track record of operating in a wholesale banking internal audit environment and is now seeking to apply these skills to provide inspirational learning experiences and training on the practical implementation of the GA Methodology and practical risk and control challenges faced by a risk-based function in this arena.
Practical experience of building and running training courses in this field is preferable but not essential.
The role requires an excellent working knowledge of:
- International risk based internal auditing standards
- Business risks and best market control practices in some, but not necessarily all of Deutsche Banks's core products (which include Global Markets, Corporate and Investment Banking and Asset Management)
- You should have experience of multitasking, prioritizing and being responsive to ad-hoc requests. You will need to demonstrate self-motivation and innovation, be able to work flexibly and effectively as part of a team as well as the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the GA Function
- You must have excellent communication skills, communicating with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach
You will also need to demonstrate:
- Excellent team working capabilities
- Strong strategic/ analytical thinking
- The capacity to develop and drive positive change
- Independent in judgment, strongly self-motivated with the ability to challenge and be challenged whilst maintaining the highest levels of professionalism
- Excellent relationship management, analytical, problem solving and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top