Vice President - KYC Quality Control
- Jacksonville, FL
Corporate & Investment Banking:
Global Transaction Banking
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank’s Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. This new business division was created in 2017 with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
The Local Head KYC Quality Control Analyst in Jacksonville FL is responsible for running an on-site team of QC Analysts teams providing vital first line of defense due diligence support for ICM’s / TFFI’s Know Your Customer (KYC) program. Today’s regulatory and compliance environment requires a robust and efficient KYC process and strong non-financial risk management, making the role an important part of the first line of defense within the business.
KYC Quality Control ("QC") teams independently check customer’ KYC files to ensure high quality standards are maintained in strict adherence with Deutsche Bank’s Know Your Client Policy and Procedures. Team members will assist in identifying problem areas and risks associated with processes. They will serve as a key support resource for delivering guidance to KYC analysts.
The KYC Quality Control ("QC") Local Head will have regular interactions with KYC Officers, Accountable Client Owners (ACO), Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Compliance and the other Client Life Cycle Management teams within the business.
- Functional and disciplinary management of the KYC Quality Assurance team for GTB’s ICM and TFFI business lines
- Involved in hiring and onboarding of new staff
- Oversees and ensures consistent training and knowledge transfer to new staff members
- Ensures team’s timely completion of the profiles and prioritizes team members’ workload to meet KYC objectives
- Manages the improvement of processes across locations and in close collaboration with the other QC local teams and in collaboration with KYC functions
- Acts as a contact for audits and / or regulatory investigations where required
- Acts as functional / operational SME and addresses escalations
- Ensures that KOP requirements are met within the teams, works with KOP owner to enhance policies
- Identifies problem areas and risks associated with processes and make recommendations to improve quality of KYC files and process in general.
- Will serve as a key support resource for delivering training and guidance to QC team members and KYC / Sales representatives in the region.
- Proactively highlights audit and compliance issues to the management.
- Ensures timely resolution of any profile quality issues noted through the Sampling and Testing process or by audit.
- Supervises implementation and maintenance of documentation of the department´s and / or team’s roles & responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains close partnership with KYC Officers, ACOs and other KYC linked functions globally
Professional and personal requirements:
Recognized university degree and / or several years of equivalent professional experience
Previous experience with KYC Quality assurance and knowledge of Correspondent Banking Due Diligence Standards preferred
Previous supervisory / team lead experience is a plus
Good knowledge of financial regulatory requirements and AML risk implications; experience with regulatory and / or KYC related topics
Excellent research and analytical skills; a proactive and fast learner
Attention to detail, combined with a strategic and proactive work approach
Accuracy, diligence and the ability to deliver high quality results within tight deadlines
Very good sense of risk awareness
Excellent team player with strong work ethics
Ability to maintain relationships in virtual teams
Communicates in a clear, accurate, persuasive and confident manner
Strong writing skills, capability to document relevant information in a clear, structured and comprehensive way
Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues at all levels of seniority and maintain relationships across functions and locations
Resilience and commitment, ability to plan, prioritize and work under pressure
Interested in the financial markets, current events, and news
* Command of MS Office applications and general computer proficiency
** At Deutsche Bank, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (M/F/D/V) employer
Back to top