Vendor Manager- Assistant Vice President
Vendor Manager- Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3173032
Location: New York, United States of America
With client assets of around EUR 300 billion (as at September 30, 2017), Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management business is one of the largest asset managers worldwide. We offer affluent clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management.
As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations. We create lasting value for clients. We develop bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate & Investment Bank and Deutsche Asset Management.
We combine financial strength and stability with trustworthy partnership and forward-thinking in order to build sustainable and beneficial client relationships.
Job Title: Vendor Manager
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Wealth Management is in process of executing its global strategy, where outsourcing is key. It is important to manage strategic partners and work closely to bring value to WM clients. This position will manage vendor and related governance activities. You will work closely with Front office, Technology and vendor covering end to end process.
- Understand Wealth Management business / products and align the performance of vendors accordingly. Responsible for service delivery aligned to business vision & strategy
- Manage Vendor Relationship across multiple businesses, products & contracts
- Measure KPIs, KRIs, Volume vs spend, delivery trends, capacity, non-conformances, escalations, incidents & near misses. Ensure full knowledge of service levels and metrics defined in the vendor engagement
- Effective governance around performance, risk and change. Globally consistent timely reporting
- Leads negotiation and amendments of complex BPO contracts which includes back office, application management and infrastructure services
- Experienced in risk management framework to continuously assess the risk followed by effective mitigate or reduction
- Incident management and problem management
- Drive corrective and preventive actions in structure way
- Conduct review meetings, dispute resolution and ensures timely escalation
- Undertakes periodic reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes end- to- end to identify opportunities to eliminate waste, improve efficiency and performance
- Review vendor capacity and capability
- Oversight of ongoing project implementation or change initiatives
- Engages product / function development to ensure a superior vendor offering in the face of changing client needs and market trends
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective communication & engagement with senior stakeholders across functions
- Understands & actively supports plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture. Personally contributes in an environment where people are greatest asset
- Takes ownership and maintain healthy working relationship while seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
- Provides help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of employees in the new environment post implementation
- Highlights performance issues within the team, where appropriate, to drive for high performance
- Relevant experience in Wealth Management Business processes & products
- Core banking system knowledge is advantage
- Previous direct experience in managing global vendors and performances
- Basic analytical skills, flexible regarding production problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and local language (written/verbal) as appropriate
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in a matrix organizations
- Excellent team worker, able to work in virtual global teams and a matrix organization
- Open minded, able to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
- Market & Business Knowledge in securitized products & OTC derivatives
- Processing knowledge in Equities / Fixed Income / Funds / Structured Products / OTC Derivative/ Loans & Deposits product
- Knowledge of core banking system setup and licenses management
- Understanding of contracts, policies and third party risk assessment
- Project management and change management
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Innovative with ability to drive change
- Able to work independently but with strong team work, and under pressure
- Good computing skills
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top