Job Title: US Rates - RMBS Market Risk Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
The Chief Risk Office function has Group-wide responsibility for the management and control of all credit, market, operational, enterprise, and liquidity risks and has the responsibility of continual development of methods for risk measurement, frameworks, and creating a bank wide strong risk culture; Deutsche Bank has been named Bank Risk Manager of the Year by the leading publication risk.net for the second consecutive year (2020 & 2021). As a Market Risk Manager covering the Residential Mortgage- Backed Securities (RMBS) business (TBAs and mortgage pools), you will ensure the effective risk management and oversight of a growing business within Global Rates. You will partner with colleagues who focus on Valuation management to raise the level of Market Risk awareness across the function and ensure understanding of all the possible drivers of Profit and Loss. Working directly on the trading floor within a very dynamic and cooperative team, your decisions will ensure we can successfully support business growth within the Bank's Risk Appetite and meeting regulatory requirements.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining risk control framework for the Bank's re-entry into the Agency RMBS business
- Daily monitoring of risk, stress, and Value-at-Risk (VaR) exposures, ensuring risk completeness and accuracy (for example by monitoring closely and understanding the P&L drivers every day)
- Developing and implementing new stress testing analyses to better quantify the different basis risks that the desk runs
- Keeping abreast of latest news and possible implications to the markets and the positions that the desk runs
- Ensuring internal and external governance policies are being effectively applied
- Liaising with trading desks with respect to exposures, new business, and market activityand driving risk management infrastructure development
Your Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience in market risk management, either as a second line (market risk) or as a first line (trading, structuring) of defence, ideally in RMBS. Additional experience and understanding of other rates products (Treasuries, Swaps, Options, Inflation, structured rates) will be an advantage
- Critical thinking with ability to understand and analyse large amount of data and think outside the box
- High standards of integrity and a commitment to doing the right thing i.e., ability to challenge the Business
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working with a variety of teams, and communicating well and concisely
How You'll Lead:
- Deep product and market understanding of RMBS business
- Familiarity with current regulatory initiatives such as Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB), Volcker, stress testing
- Motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task and work on several projects with competing priorities; team player with great communication skills
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.