Treasury Finance Associate
Treasury Finance Associate
Job ID: 3169213
Location: Jacksonville, United States of America
It is crucial for the bank to understand how profitable each businesses activity is and Finance has a responsibility to understand precisely the resource commitment the bank makes to any given client or transaction e.g. cost, capital, funding, liquidity and risk. Finance is playing a central role in keeping the bank focused on simplification and financial resource management.
With our diverse teams in 47 countries, we offer a broad portfolio of capabilities. Our key functions range from Group Finance, Treasury, Planning and Performance Management, and Investor Relations to enabling functions such as Finance Change and Administration. These teams make sure we cover all Finance specific aspects for our internal and external stakeholders such as shareholder, employees, clients and regulators. Together, it is the role of Finance to oversee all financial details for Deutsche Bank globally.
Sound financial principles are at the core of everything we do. That's why Finance is vital to the way we run our business. In a global marketplace that's constantly evolving, being adaptable, decisive and accurate is critical.
Join us and you'll be able to make a real difference in a dynamic global team with multiple career opportunities.
Job Title: Treasury Finance Associate
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Jacksonville, FL
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The Business Finance team is responsible for all the financial, reporting, and control aspects of large population of US region special purpose entities created for specific Bank businesses, as well complex transaction accounting and financial reporting. The role is within Financial Control environment, working on the month-end/quarter-end close for the Americas.
You will be working within Treasury/Funding area, dealing with complex transactions for funding banking activity. This will involve communicating with other Finance teams, as well as with Operations and Front Office groups as needed to resolve any issues as they come up, and working on project to enhance our reporting to our financial regulators, shareholders, and Front Office.
Duties include, but are not limited to the below:
- Working through the month-end financial close for specific America's entities and businesses. Proactively look for issues/concerns
- Reviewing trading transactions via control tools such as MAFA reconciliations to identify breaks between transaction systems, P&L and general ledger. Understand trading transactions and communicate with other Bank areas to understand nature of trades
- Create and upload journal entries/adjustments for the general ledger (SAP)
- Run reconciliations and validations for G/L for various Deutsche Bank businesses
- Upload manual journal entries and adjustments/ Booking General Ledger entries
- Support process of daily and month end control processes
- Production and Documentation of Key Operating Procedures (KOP)
- Standardize, update, and streamline documentation and approach across the respective businesses
- Balance Sheet substantiation
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Business related preferred
- Basic accounting and investment banking knowledge
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Able to multitask and work to tight deadlines and pressures
- Self-starter/ proactive
- Previous experience in investment banking/audit environment
- Exposure to financial instruments
- Strong computer skills, ability to learn software packages from hands-on interaction
- Computer software
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP
- Strong PC skills which facilitate quick system acclamation
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Meet Some of Deutsche Bank's Employees
Laura coordinates Deutsche Bank’s global efforts to combat criminal behavior by introducing and enforcing important policies and procedures.
Back to top