Software Engineer - Associate
Software Engineer - Associate
Job ID: 3173797
Location: Cary, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Cary, North Carolina
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
We are seeking a senior developer with a strong server-side background and analytical approach. This Cary, NC-based role is for a results-driven technologist with a broad technical background.
The FIC - Trade Capture & Lifecycle Technology group manage and develop a variety of global applications across all major desks. Applications have users in all major cities.
You should have experience working in an agile manner. Often requirements start high-level or loosely defined, requiring refinement to meet user expectations. Users are typically: trading, sales or strats, but also include groups such as Product Control, Risk Management and Middle Office.
You must be strong in the following technologies:
- Java, Unix, Oracle
- Knowledge of a trading asset class such as Rates Derivatives or Credit Derivatives is advantageous
- Contribute to the architectural design process for new solutions
- Leverage frameworks and components to develop service orientated solutions
- Coordinate the system integration testing including testing strategy
- Support user acceptance testing, application rollouts, user training and root cause analysis
- Involvement in the full lifecycle of each project
- Report on progress of complex technical solutions to senior management
- Proven track record collaborating with teams both on and off shore
- Experience with JMS messaging implementations eg. Kafka, Tibco EMS
- Hands On Red Hat OpenShift / Docker
- Medium to strong experience in server-side JVM operated applications
- Agile adopter following practices like SCRUM, test driven development and continuous integration
- Service oriented designs including RESTful webservices
- Experience with software deployments to Unix Systems
- Relational database modelling and SQL (Oracle)
- Strong Business Analysis and System Development experience within a financial institution
- Build configuration systems e.g. Maven, Ant, Git, BitBucket, TeamCity
- Motivated, delivery focused and team player
- Advanced degree level or equivalent
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top