Job Title: Software Engineer
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Cary, NC
Payments and checks technology drives all aspects of technology supporting the heart of the cash management business - from paper checks to 24x7 instant payments - across the globe. This technology-driven business demands high-end transformative delivery that keeps Deutsche Bank at the forefront of this dynamic market space, with innovative solutions to client challenges and a relentless focus on scalability and resiliency. We are looking for a payments engineer, who can translate user stories into actual code covering all functional and non-functional aspects. You will fully understand our domain architecture and is pro-actively contributing to the continuous improvements from a technology and Agile/dev ops delivery perspective.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Development, testing, and rollout of new application features
- You will work with the team on functional and non-functional requirements, technical analysis and design
- Coding, testing, and reviewing other team member's changes; partnering with QA team on test automation of new and existing functionality
- Document business and functional requirements in user stories, design decisions and application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Contribute to the definition of the future state of the payments system architecture
- When product and architecture experience gained, mentor and direct more junior engineers
Your Skills and Experience:
- Relevant knowledge of Core Java; experience designing and implementing Microservices
- Relevant knowledge in container runtime environments - Docker, Kubernetes, Open Shift
- Knowledge in Gherkin/Cucumber
- Relevant knowledge in behavior driven development (BDD) and test driven development (TDD) and basic knowledge of SQL and Linux
- Relevant knowledge of Spring, Swagger/OpenAPI, and Maven is a big plus; experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity
For external candidates:Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.