Job Title: Software Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
You will be joining the Regulatory and Cross Product IT team, which is part of Technology, Data, and Innovation (TDI) at Deutsche Bank. We are an engineering focused organization, striving for the highest quality architecture, design, and code across our teams. You will help build both our Hadoop deal store and cloud-based records archival and retrieval system, working in a fast-paced, Agile environment. The deal store uses Kafka and Apache Spark to bring data into the Hadoop enterprise store; the archival system uses those technologies plus an Angular UI, transitioning its stack to the cloud. Scala is the programming language of choice in these teams.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other team members to understand and achieve sprint goals
- Drive designs and code elegant solutions to the problems you help articulate
- Implement automated, robust testing and SDLC process/tools
- Research and learn new technologies and programming languages
- Experience working in an Agile team, practicing Scrum
Your Skills and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of Java and/or Scala, and the Java virtual machine (JVM); object orientation essential. Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of at least technology (or closely related technology) mentioned below, working within an Agile environment and using modern engineering practices
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and cloud development beneficial
- Exposure to modern build tools, such as Gradle, Maven, and Jenkins, etc., is essential
- Practical experience of test driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment beneficial, and an understanding of functional programming, with experience of using higher order functions, immutability, referential transparency, algebraic design etc., is beneficial
For external candidates:Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.