Software Developer-Assistant Vice President
Software Developer-Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3185187
Location: Cary, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Software Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
"Best Global Investment Bank 2010"
Named the "Best Global Investment Bank" in Euromoney Magazine's annual Awards for Excellence, Deutsche Bank is a leader in Germany and Europe and is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets.
Our people are outstanding individuals with agile minds, from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. They generate fresh ideas and innovative solutions which set us apart from our competitors and add value to our clients.
About Deutsche Bank Global Technology
Deutsche Bank Global Technology (DBGT), located near the Research Triangle Park (RTP) area of North Carolina, is a dedicated software development center that presents a startup feel within the larger Deutsche Bank organization.
DBGT is a dedicated application development and software engineering center that supports the Bank to access leading technology skills and promote innovation in the development of software applications and leading-edge IT solutions. DBGT has a number of groups developing leading-edge technology solutions.
About ECM Business & IT Platform
Business: The business facilitates IPOs, follow-on offerings, rights issues, block trades, accelerated bookbuild and convertible and exchangeable bonds as well as structured equity transactions.
IT Platform: IDEAL is the IT platform for ECM business. It facilitates book-building, event marketing, order allocation & RC-calculations activities for the US IPO market. It has 400+ user base within and outside Deutsche Bank. It also interfaces with other market participants and capture their book building and allocation details via a vendor (IPREO) hosted app by the same name.
The role is an opportunity for a highly motivated, independent thinking individual to take a high profile role in a global team of front-office facing technology specialists. The position advertised is within CB&S GT CPSG.
The Developer will be responsible for delivering technology in line with the BoW for 2018 & 2019.
You will be responsible for
- Designs application components to meet the requirements of a business and documentation of the design
- Defines the integration strategy including rationale, integration environment requirements, and determines the product-component integration sequence
- Assesses and identifies mitigation for risks, including those related to high level design, integration, and data quality
- Participates in design reviews
- Contributes to the definition of development and SW standards to implement/reflect Deutsche Bank guidelines (naming conventions, encryption, and security settings) and ensures standards are adhered to
- Ensures architectural changes (as defined by Architects) are implemented
- Provides Level 3 support for technical infrastructure components (i.e., databases, middleware and user interfaces)
- Contributes to root cause /problem analysis
- Develops source code, including descriptions, for all Software Components in accordance with Detailed Software Requirements specification, the functional design and the technical design document or backlog
- Participates and resolves findings in reviews (4 eyes principle) of developed source code
- Integrates software components following the groups integration strategy
- Verifies integrated software components by unit and integrated software testing according to the software test plan. Software test findings must be resolved
- Ensures that all code changes are tracked and recorded through the groups change management process and that development is scheduled and approved
- Develops methods to deploy Change Items (CIs) to the target environments
- Provides Release Deployments on non-Production Management controlled environments
- Capture Build and Deployment notes, develop Software Product Deployment & Operating Instructions
- Supports creation of Software Product Training Materials, Software Product User Guides, and Software Product Deployment Instructions Checks consistency of documents with the respective Software Product Release
- Performs technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes
- Fixes software defects/bugs
- Measures and analyzes code for quality
- Collaborates with Functional Analysts and technical Specialists to complete work, as required
- Develops mathematical calculations which perform to expected results and handle negative test case scenarios
- Previous relevant full-time hands-on commercial development experience
- Core Java & JEE - high knowledge
- AngularJS / v2+ - high knowledge
- Spring/ Struts & Hibernate - high knowledge
- UI Frameworks viz. Bootstrap - high Knowledge
- Experience with multithreading/concurrency applications - high knowledge
- Java Data Structures - high knowledge
- Webservices and Microservices - high Knowledge
- SQL & PL/SQL - medium to high knowledge
- Unix / Shell script knowledge - desired, although not required
- Excellent communication skills - professional demeanor, confidence, well-spoken
- Strong problem solving ability
- Capital Markets experience - desired, although not required
- Working knowledge of WebLogic, Tomcat, Oracle & Apache
- Working knowledge of Maven, Git, Stash, TeamCity, UDelpoy & Nexus/Artifactory
- Familiarity with basic concepts of Equity products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university with a minor in Finance, Mathematics or Engineering
At this time, we are unable to consider you for this position who require sponsorship for work visas. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top