SKYPE for Business L3 Engineer - Assistant Vice President
SKYPE for Business L3 Engineer - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3181811
Location: Jacksonville, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: SKYPE for Business L3 Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Jacksonville, FL
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The unified communications team is responsible for the architecture, design, engineering, testing, and 3rd line support of all unified communications channels and associated compliance capture, retention and retrieval platforms.
The Unified Communications Engineer will work as part of the Unified Communications team providing third-line support for our Skype for Business platform and related UC applications and system as well as supporting technologies including compliance capture, integration with our telephony and video conferencing backbones.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
You will be responsible for:
- The troubleshooting and resolution of issues with the unified communication platforms, supporting services and dependencies
- Performing security administration tasks, such as certificate renewals, on a periodic basis in line with agreed service levels
- Performing disaster recovery testing on a periodic basis in line with agreed service levels
- Patching, maintenance, and remediation on the unified communication platforms and supporting services
- Providing efficient, effective, and timely support to compliance and legal on surveillance activities and data discovery requests and investigations
- Ensuring production installations of the platforms and additional components are compliant with the Banks information security standards
- Providing support of release of changes into the production environment for managing and improving the operational run books and supporting documentation
- You will deliver results within given time frames, ensuring that your work is consistent, well documented and in-line with team standards at all times
- You will be expected to be an active member of the UC team, and support other less experienced members of staff in best practice and modern engineering techniques and approaches
- You will be expected to act as an escalation point for the level 3 team and providing weekend or evening support during major maintenance, upgrades, and repairs as well as providing support during P2/P1/P0 incidents
- You will take ownership for your own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
Experience / Exposure:
- Demonstrable experience in upgrading, installing, configuring and supporting Lync or Skype for Business products and related capabilities such as Avaya and Cisco unified communications products
- Demonstrable experience in playing leading role in a global level 3 or similar team and working under within an ITIL or similar process
- Must have diverse technical background with experience on multiple technologies including a knowledge of H323 / SIP, AD, LDAP, XMPP, networking protocols and associated services
- Knowledge of instant messaging, voice and video protocols ideally including PBX, ACD, CTI, IVR and VoIP
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies and their integration with Skype for Business
- Strong career interest with a focus on professional improvement focused on Unified Communications technologies
- Comfortable working with a team with a diverse skill set, location and culture across different countries
- Must be adaptable and quickly understand the new technologies / emerging markets
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to listen, understand, and present clear solutions to problems
- Proven track record in problem solving, within a medium to large enterprise environment
Education / Qualifications:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level in Computer Science, or a related discipline, from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience and certifications
- Preferably hold Microsoft certifications in relevant technologies
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.
Back to top