Site Reliability Engineer - Analyst
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Corporate Title: Analyst
Location: Cary, NC
SDLC Operations Engineering team focuses on delivering enterprise development tools services and development standardization programs across Deutsche Bank and we are in the process of building out a strong and dynamic engineering team. The primary responsibility of the Operations Level 3 Engineer is to work with customers, Level 2 team, Professional Services team, Subject Matter Experts (SME's) and the rest of the Operations Engineering team to handle requests and to resolve problems submitted by customers. This involves diagnosing all aspects of application health as well as handling advanced application configuration changes which cannot be handled by L2 team or automation.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
- An open seating environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
What You'll Do:
- The Site Reliability Engineer also acts as a technical owner of applications, fulfilling technical control and compliance needs in the Bank by working with architects and other operations engineers as well as external teams, mainly infrastructure teams
- Automation, Monitoring
- Capacity management
- Application compliance with Deutsche Bank polices, Configuration change schedule and implementation
- Problem management and solving based on SRE practices and principles
- Performance and stability issue troubleshooting and remediation
Skills You'll Need:
- IT support or hands-on technical software development or build/release management experience with knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Strong knowledge of Windows, UNIX/Linux operating systems and networking/infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Java applications, strong skills and experience in debug and root cause analysis
- Database basics, Shell, Python or Perl scripting knowledge
Skills That Will Help You Excel:
- Working knowledge of some of tools (Artifactory, Teamcity, Tasktop, Confluence, Jama, Bitbucket (GIT), Sonar, Jira and Microfocus ALM)
- Working knowledge of highly loaded WEB applications (Tomcat, Java)
- Working knowledge of database (Oracle, MSSQL)
- Working knowledge of application monitoring (Prometheus or Appdynamics experiences preferred)
- Working knowledge of Ancible (automation and remote execution framework)
For external candidates: Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top