Senior Software Engineer - Assistant Vice President
- Cary, NC
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Cary, NC
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be based out of Deutsche Bank's technology development center in Cary, NC. You will be responsible for supporting Corporate Bank Technology (IT) initiatives in bolstering the payment platform used by Deutsche Bank's global clientele. You will also belong to a consortium of engineers within the cash management channel building a next generation payment initiation platform while maintaining an existing platform and you will engage with a team of developers, testers, and business analysts whose primary focus is to deliver sustainable outcomes for the Bank.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Conveniently located nature trails, accessible year-round
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Java development working in a dedicated pod to help design and build software for the Corporate Bank
- Partner, at varying capacity, with UI/UX design team, architects, business analysts and stakeholders situated in multiple regions and time-zones to understand requirements
- Act as the validation point of contact regarding application challenges, potential gaps, and feedback from pod members and the application stakeholders
- Manage the software development life cycle (SDLC) of software components all the way to production including helping support the application to resolve production issues with appropriate triaging
- Develop and maintain multiple documents such as runbooks, processes, frameworks, etc
- Continuously monitor and remediate vulnerabilities associated with technology and security by supporting risk assessments performed by Deutsche Bank
Your Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience developing Microservices (preferably using Spring Boot framework), hands-on experience with Oracle 12c or higher. Sound understanding of J2EE platform principles with proven experience in delivering and maintaining applications using J2EE. Hands-on experience developing solutions on Linux Rhel6.x or higher OS
- Hands-on experience with Kafka message/event stream-processing and/or Hadoop (Spark, HBASE, Impala). Sound understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Application development experience using Agile methodology and demonstrated ability to perform 3rd level support as the developed components move to production
- Experience with test driven development (TDD) and writing automated tests
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools such as Jenkins; TeamCity is preferred. Experience with application performance management software such as AppDynamics and/or Splunk is preferred
For external candidates:Please note, we are unable to consider external candidates who require sponsorship for work visas for this position. Please continue to review the Deutsche Bank Careers website for other opportunities.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Back to top